Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play between upper & lower receivers

Feedback Score

Play between upper & lower receivers

Hi all, I just purchased a new Colt LE6920 (for a relatively decent price, was on a waiting list for two months...). There is a little play between the upper & lower receivers. Is this normal, should I be concerned?

Thanks,
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's normal, and usually doesn't affect accuracy in AR pattern rifles. If it really bothers you, a small rubber o-ring placed over the pivot pin can sometimes eliminate the wobble.

Feedback Score
    Don't want to be too anal about it, just doing an initial quality check of the gun and was expecting it to be tighter. If this isn't normal, I'll send it back, but if it is, then so be it. I'm new to ARs so any advice is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    no, that's a big problem with colts. the real problem is, they wont take them back for that. but the ones that are sloppy can have huge reliability issues.

i happen to be a receiver resizer- i buy sloppy guns for good prices and resize the receivers. because i can resell the weapon for a good price, i'm able to offer good money for an otherwise worthless weapon. it's good that you posted here, bro. I'll give you $800 for it right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhots View Post
    ...There is a little play between the upper & lower receivers. Is this normal, should I be concerned?....

Completely normal, nothing to be concerned about.

Now if you have a..., well don't worry you probably don't.

But if you do...., on second thought never mind.
    "We make war that we may live in peace."
    -Aristotle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go to the hardware store and buy a viton o-ring with 1/16 cross section and a 5/8 OD and a 1/2 ID. Place the o-ring around the pivot lug on the upper where the front pivot pin goes through. Install the upper on the the lower and the o-ring will take up the play between the upper and lower.
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Dude ... Don't worry about it, the Colt's all have some play in them, Just part of the mass production tolerances inherent in the design. If your'e worried about the play just get an Accuwedge from Kleen-Bore and it'll tighten up just fine. Mine had the same issues and it doesn't affect reliability.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM1911 View Post
    Dude ... Don't worry about it, the Colt's all have some play in them, Just part of the mass production tolerances inherent in the design. If your'e worried about the play just get an Accuwedge from Kleen-Bore and it'll tighten up just fine. Mine had the same issues and it doesn't affect reliability.
    seems the accuwedges have a tendency to migrate into the action and eff your ess up. if you just absolutely have to scratch that itch, as Mr. Wilson would say, go for the o-ring

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You don't need an Accuwedge, O-ring or a rubber dong. It is perfectly fine. Do a basic quality check on the gun and then go shoot it. You can look at it all day long, but until you shoot it you will never know.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it needed an accuwedge or an o-ring to function correctly it would have shipped with one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast