Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado Damage

Feedback Score

Tornado Damage

I thought I would share a couple of pics with anyone interested of tornado damage done to my residence back on 2/10/09. This was in Springfield Missouri.

My Wife, Mother and I were home when the F-1 Tornado hit and tore the roof from our side of the Duplex we lived in. My Brinkman Smoker all 175 lbs of it....came through the sliding glass back door and ended up in my living room floor about two feet from where I was standing at the time it hit. 10:50 P.M.

We came came back in the following morning and found the inside of the house in almost pristine shape other than a little water spotting on the ceiling...We were inside for about ten minutes looking around and had just walked back outside when we heard a crash..turned around and opened the door to find this....nearly all the drywall ceilings in all the rooms came down at once.

I ended up tearing a ligiment in my left knee a couple of days later while trying to salvage what we could from the house..but otherwise no one was injured. There was no warning sirens or even notification by local Television stations...as it came in so fast and developed on the leading edge of a squall line. Luckily no one was hurt.
    Happy to be back online now....
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That was serious. Glad everyone is OK.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Wow glad that you and your family are all ok.

Feedback Score
    I am glad everyone is OK.
    BigDozer66
    Texas State Rifle Assoc. Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    glad that didn't fall on nobodies head while you where in there.

Feedback Score
    Glade your OK man
    Have you noticed that the Fujita scale don't mean anything when your the one in front of it?
    Last edited by neodecker; 02-26-09 at 00:49.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neodecker View Post
    Glade your OK man
    Have you noticed that the Fujita scale don't mean anything when your the one in front of it?
    You can say that again!
    BigDozer66
    Texas State Rifle Assoc. Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Wow man, Glad you and your family made it through that with no one getting hurt.

I have been through one myself, but luckily it jumped over our house in Texas.
    ~D

Feedback Score

Not my first one

[QUOTE=Detective_D;318423]Wow man, Glad you and your family made it through that with no one getting hurt.

This is actually the third one that my wife and I have endured in our 24 years together. We had a Mobile Home Totalled back in 1998 while we were in it. Had moderate outside damage back in 2005 and now this one.

Nobody was hurt and thats what really matters.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to hear that everyone is physically ok. Sorry that you have to go through the clean up now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast