Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnold vid 2009

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Arnold vid 2009

Any of you ever attend the Arnold Classic? It's the country's largest sports festival, with everything from pro bbing, to MMA, to fencing, and many others. Here's my vid from last weeks show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBTI...e=channel_page

Enjoy.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'v always wanted to go. Main reason for wanting to go.....to get a chance to hit on Jamie Eason at the bodybuilding.com booth
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirmanAtwood View Post
    I'v always wanted to go. Main reason for wanting to go.....to get a chance to hit on Jamie Eason at the bodybuilding.com booth
    Every man needs a dream...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My friend and I have gone the past three years, but had to miss this year since his 3rd kid is due any day now. We always have a blast! Jamie Eason is every bit as beautiful, fit, and sweet as you would expect (it's terrible). In 2006, somehow we were able to sneak back stage at the Veterans Stadium to the warm-up gym and meet all the strongmen. Very cool.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a SHOT show for fitness.

Will, do you see a trend where something like the strength competitions will replace stuff like Mr. Olympia in popularity? Just like what UFC has done to boxing?
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post

Will, do you see a trend where something like the strength competitions will replace stuff like Mr. Olympia in popularity? Just like what UFC has done to boxing?
    I doubt the Arnold classic will be bigger then the Olympia in the bodybuilding world.
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmm, but are these professional bodybuilding competitions as popular today as say, 10 years ago? I have always thought there was the stigma of steriods, in that one can not rise to such a level without chemical enhancement.

I honestly enjoy the lifting competitions more so than the bodybuilding ones. If I may use an analogy, it would be like who can build the best AR, vs. who is a better shot. One is art, and the other is application.

Well, I do enjoy the watching the ladies...
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hmm, but are these professional bodybuilding competitions as popular today as say, 10 years ago? I have always thought there was the stigma of steriods, in that one can not rise to such a level without chemical enhancement.

I honestly enjoy the lifting competitions more so than the bodybuilding ones. If I may use an analogy, it would be like who can build the best AR, vs. who is a better shot. One is art, and the other is application.

Well, I do enjoy the watching the ladies...
    The Olympia is a competition that is very big for bodybuilders/figure-fitness competitors. The Arnold classic is sort of turning into a fitness/sports convention. The Arnold is becoming more and more mainstream and popular to the general public, but to hardcore bodybuilders and fitness girls the Olympia is the bigger one. I used to be big on bodybuilding before I had to lose a bunch of weight for the military and IMHO the olympia is the more important show for true bodybuilding fans.

The Arnold is still pretty good though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I don't think so. It's apples and oranges there. MMA is really boxing on steroids, so you can see why one would replace the other, but bbing and strong man oriented stuff are really apples and oranges. Both will always have their niche.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If I may use an analogy, it would be like who can build the best AR, vs. who is a better shot. One is art, and the other is application.
    it'd be the best LOOKING AR, not necessarily the best (functioning) AR. it's about the aesthetics alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast