Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stripped lower comparisons

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

stripped lower comparisons

Newbie here and working on my first build. Purchasing a new stripped lower and don't understand...why should I pay $300 for a POF when I can spend $100 for say...a Spikes Tactical. If they're both forged at Mil-spec and hardcoat anodized, then why the extra $$? Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the forums with no luck. Money isn't the issue because I want top quality. If there is a difference, then what is the best stripped lower on the market. Thanks for the help...oh, and I'm sure more questions coming soon to help with my build.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, after doing a bit more research online, it seems that most stripped lowers are manufactured the same...and it's the mill work that really defines the cosmetics. So, to edit my question, who's millwork is the cleanest and more refined of all the lowers? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Rock River Arms, Smith and Wesson,DPMS just to name a few

Feedback Score
    I’ve owned an M&P and a Colt, currently own a Rock River Tactical Entry and a POF Recon. All I have to say is yes they look about the same, quality is there but pure and simply you get what you pay for. It’s like a Chevrolet and a Cadillac. They will both do the same job, it all has to do with the extras. The POF has the extras. The extra cash gives you the cool extras and it’s up to you if you want to spend the money or not. The Chevrolet will get you there; just the Cadillac gives you a little more style on the trip. In my humble opinion POF has the style. Just look at picture threads and try and find two AR’s that look the same. It’s hard, you find anything and everything to make your rifle…..YOUR RIFLE. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Feedback Score
    I have three Spikes Tac lowers now and they are some of the cleanest I have seen in a while. No cutter chatter, clean edges, and overall nicely made. I f classic lines are what you are looking for, check Spikes out.

Feedback Score
    There are some really nice lowers out there. As long as they are in-spec. That's all that truely concerns me. My guns get used alot and they are all tuned to my own specifications.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the POF lowers are billet.. spike's are forged. most forged lowers are pretty much the same. some of the cleanest forged lowers are MEGA, Aero Precision, Stag, Noveske, etc.. just about all billet lowers are very clean- they're completely machined, so there's no forge flash to get left behind/leave toolmarks on. the only difference between billet and forgings is appearance.. some of the billet manfers will tell you they're "stronger," but that's totally moot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been reading some threads on this forum and others...people having problems with POF, i.e. mag release with Pmags and also their customer service. Granted, there will always be random problems with each manufacturer, but it seems to be a common issue. For the price, I would expect more. I've heard great things about MEGA...something I'll look more into. Thanks for all the advice...keep em coming!

Feedback Score
    I have to give a kudos to SMOS for their billet lowers, since this thread is considering functional perfection and real beauty. (They call 'em Larue nowadays...)

Zip

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
    I have to give a kudos to SMOS for their billet lowers, since this thread is considering functional perfection and real beauty. (They call 'em Larue nowadays...)

Zip
    So I checked with LaRue about their lowers and they only sell their lowers to those who are buying or have purchased recently, a LaRue upper. Any idea if they distribute their lowers to any other dealers? I really like the way they've machined their trigger guard.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast