Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1st build.......almost.....

Feedback Score

My 1st build.......almost.....

I'm new to this build thing, in fact I kinda stumbled upon it. And believe me "stumbled" is the right word. My inexperience has cost me so much that the only thing that made sense, with all of the leftovers and mistakes still around, was to keep going and make a couple. Anyway, I digress, here is what I decided on and should be ready for pictures soon:
    16" Noveske M249 grade steel middy barrel Noveske full auto bolt carrier
    Black Rain Ordnance billet upper and lower w/Stag parts kit
    Geissele Super Dynamic Three Gun Trigger
    Command Arms Acces. six pos. stock w/1913 rail and 4c123 storage
    Viking Tactics Extreme Rail
    Noveske (BCM gunfighter Med.) charging handle
    Troy B.U.I.S
    Aimpoint CompM4
    Troy Medieval Flash suppressor
    Troy adjustable front grip
    Tango down pistol grip
    I can't wait for this to be ready. Feels like I've been building this thing since last Christmas.....oh wait that's because I have been....DOH! Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by sos26; 04-03-11 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Ditch the chincy low quality stock, and why do you need a "mid evil" muzzle device? I highly recommend you get a mil spec rec extension from a reputable company, and a decent stock.

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Ditch the chincy low quality stock, and why do you need a "mid evil" muzzle device? I highly recommend you get a mil spec rec extension from a reputable company, and a decent stock.
    Wow!! I know I asked but damn!! I'm usually not a sensitive person but I've got to say for a site sponsor you have ZERO tact! Also, I'm amazed that someone here would cite the "need' argument for something. Especially considering how often the gun-grabbers cite the" you don't need THAT" for anybody who wants to even own an ar15. I have two flash suppressors the Medieval one I don't need and a YHM Phantom......I just went with this one for now because I think it looks meaner. I actually don't NEED any of this stuff.
    I appreciate the input, I really do. But you did read my post right? First build......I went close to top of the line (I thought!)with all the new stuff but I used some leftover from my first BUY namely the stock. In fact this is my very first post on M4.net. And my first response is a site sponsor who picks out a couple of things dumps on them while offering no specific suggestions for replacement (I thought the ext and stock WAS mil-spec) No compliments, no welcome, no how ya doing.
    Last edited by sos26; 04-03-11 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    The "need" issue is not uncommon here, as many view that money spent on frills that aren't value added are better spent on ammo/training, and value added components such as a quality optic, light, and/or sling.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    The "need" issue is not uncommon here, as many view that money spent on frills that aren't value added are better spent on ammo/training, and value added components such as a quality optic, light, and/or sling.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    I can see where that would come into play on higher priced stuff however we are talking about a $35 item. So in the end we are talking about $10 extra which will not change any plans for training I may take or gear that I buy.

Feedback Score
    You would be well served by doing less posting and more reading. I didn't see anything wrong with what Belmont said. He gave his advice on using a better quality stock and questioned why you went with that muzzle device rather than some of the better options out there.

Most of the people on this board tend to put a lot more into function than form. Whether something looks "mean" or "scary" carries a lot less weight than "does it actually improve the weapon". You should take the emotion out of this and listen to the posters who may have far more experience than you do regarding this platform. You'll learn something, you'll save money by not spending money on whatever looks fancy and put it towards something that works and you'll likely last longer here.
    "Like the shiver of excitement you’d get if someone suddenly gave you permission to set fire to Piers Morgan." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If some scruffy dude tries to knock down my door in the middle of the night (granted, I'm not a fugitive from justice), I doubt that I would wait an inordinate amount of time to hear him make his little statement about being a "Bail Bondsman ..." or whatever before rotating my safety/selector to something other than the peace and tranquility position." - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sos26 View Post
    DOH! Let me know what you think.
    Gotta agree about the CAA stock. Kinda chintzy. My buddy has one on his Armalite AR10 and he'd agree. I'd be looking at Magpul or VLTOR instead.

As to muzzle devices, why the crenelated Troy? You can get a standard A2, likely just as effective, for $8. You can get a Vortex, likely more effective, for the same price as the Troy. Unless you need the pointy things on the end for some reason.....

You asked....
    Last edited by Hmac; 04-03-11 at 13:19.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You ask what people think so don’t get your panties in a ruffle when someone gives a response. CAA is known to be crap.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    If you had done a search you would have found numerous threads on CAA products not being up to par. Now if you want to buy an AR for looks and shoot dirt occasionally then stick with what you have. This board is oriented towards people who use AR's professionally and those who take things a bit more serious than your average dirt shooter. Not people who want to play dress up with their guns.

I think you are mistaken about the CAA stock being mil spec, and even if it was I would not trust the quality. http://www.ematactical.com/viewProdu...?ID=99&catID=3 if you look at the picture you can see the outer diameter of the extension is raised up to the high point of the threads which is a tell tale sign of a commercial size tube. A mil spec tube will have the outer diameter smaller than the high point of the threads. Even in the description it says, "Commercial Tube".

If you want to look for a better stock READ and SEARCH.

Feedback Score
    You're getting good advice.
    Stay with proven components and resist the gingerbread.

There are other sites that cater to the Barbie Doll crowd.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast