Thread: Tactical Carbine Match @ Skip J Range, Anderson SC AAR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Tactical Carbine Match @ Skip J Range, Anderson SC AAR

Guys,

I did not post an announcement about this match as we put it together last minute and we wanted to see what kind of turn out we would get on the 1st match from the club email roster. We had 65 shooters come out and probably 15-20 spectators. It was a great match. We ran 5 stages, total round count was around 80 rounds.
    This will be a monthly match, occuring on the 3rd Saturday of the month. This is a carbine only match, and most stages are 50 yards and in. We have a good many props for usage, and I really hope to make the future matches even better than this past weekend. We are using a scoring system based on the IMGA systems, and using IDPA cover/reloading rules. This is a work in progress, so if we find issues, we will do what we need to do to make the match competitive and fun.

There were a few malfunctions but for the most part, the guns seem to run pretty well. There were no major safety issues to speak of, and I was very happy to see everyone doing their part to be safe.

Here are a few pictures from the match...

Here is a cool helmet cam video a shooter took at the match as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFZ-61mktM

Like I said, there will be another match the 3rd Saturday in July for those who would like to come out. Feel free to email me for info
    chadlatham at bellsouth dot net
    Last edited by Hootiewho; 06-20-11 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks good. Why did you limit the mags to 10 rds? To force mag changes?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes, most of our bays are really not big enough to set up a stage for running a full mag, especially a full mag, then reloading to another full mag. Also, all our RO's are very familiar with IDPA rules, so we figured with it being new, let's stick to what our guys know and are use to.

It actually worked out well. Most every stage forced a reload, which is good practice for many of those who came out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    When we switch our 3 gun match to a rifle only match a few times a year, the MD has a mandatory mag change as part of the COF for each stage. We start with whatever amount of ammo we want, but somewhere during the COF (it's up to us) that mag needs to get changed or it's a procedural.