Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92D

Feedback Score

Beretta 92D

dept recently obtained 12 beretta 92d,s in 9mm in very good to great condition. they appear for all circumstances to take the same replacement parts as an M9 or standard 92 ?? we have numerous new springs for the M9 and 92 so that would help with maintenance. does anybody have any firsthand long time experience with the double action only model and have any signs to watch for or known issues to be aware of ?? other than the long trigger travel i loved them and the accuracy was above standard in our opinion. the trigger weight wasnt a big issue because it was very smooth. we did notice some magazines will not engage the slide stop. are they safe for +p for duty use or stick with standard velocity ??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The 96D Brigadier used to be our issue weapon. They were in service about 6 years, then replaced as our very hot .40 load was tearing them apart, mainly cracking the frames on the front edge of the magwell, as seen looking down into the magwell. You should not have these issues with 9mm. Yes, 92F and FS springs, guide rods, and barrels are the same. If you can get the shorter, 4.1 barrels, all the better.

Feedback Score
    good thing, parts commanality is always good with a budget, lol. we still allow personal weapons and ammo from the approved list but thought these would be a good choice for spares. the XDm, Glock, crowd seemed to be able to switch over easy enough that some range time should have them profeciant. their marked on the slide with the trijicon info which was an added bonus to see they had night sights already installed.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Very reliable pistols. The cracking of the dust cover that kmrtnsn refers to was an issue with 96 series pistols, not 92s. That should not be a problem with the 9mms.

I picked up a 96D Centurion about a year ago, was a police trade in and was very well priced. I havent shot it as much as some other pistols, but its been placed on "nightstand" duty. I prefer leaving a firearm without a safety in the nightstand incase the wife ever needs to grab it - I'd prefer one less step for her to be able to fire it.

They're good pistols, and yes almost all the parts from M9s are interchangable, with the obvious exception of the hammer.

Feedback Score
    hearing about the .40 slide cracking really deters us from any +p use. of course beretta will say no to it due to the wide variety of specs between different manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
    They're good pistols, and yes almost all the parts from M9s are interchangable, with the obvious exception of the hammer.
    Don't forget the "D" mainspring. It's a common fix to use the D mainspring to improve the DA pull on the non DAO 92's and 96's. I consider the 92D to be one of the better variants of the Beretta platform. I've been looking for a solid deal on a 92D police trade-in for quite a while now.

Feedback Score
    im a die hard glock man but after only a week with these im searching for one to purchase for my personal use. always liked how the sights "stood out" so to speak on berettas m9 but im in agreement with you that this is the better variant. not going to put my glocks up but would like to have a 92d i could customize a little. 2 tone would be nice.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We're issued 92Ds and I haven't found anyone on the department that actually likes them. The trigger pull is smooth, but very long. Its a very accurate gun to shoot slowly on a flat range, but when you try to run it fast there's that's where the long trigger pull bites you in the ass.

There are inspection procedures for the M9, which would largely apply to the 92D.

The one thing you need to be really aware of is the trigger return spring. If it breaks, the trigger won't reset. You can manually move the trigger forward and fire again as a work around, but I would replace every one of them, and replace them every few thousand rounds.

As modern handguns go, there are better designs out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had a 92D for several years. About the only complaint I have with it is the insanely long reset. Other than that its a nice shooting pistol.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.E.R.T. View Post
    im a die hard glock man but after only a week with these im searching for one to purchase for my personal use. always liked how the sights "stood out" so to speak on berettas m9 but im in agreement with you that this is the better variant. not going to put my glocks up but would like to have a 92d i could customize a little. 2 tone would be nice.
    If I get one, it will be Cerakoted in graphite black for the slide and controls, and burnt bronze for the frame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast