I've been mulling it over recently as well.

(the golf reference...I actually thought of that this morning hearing some DJ's talking sports talk about...something I don't care about. But people drone on and on about at work and they think I'm the oddball for not giving a shit about people I have nothing to do with)

I finished my AR308 build sans the optic and got it back from having the barrel dimpled the same day I got a 20% furlough @ work. I have been going over my needs/wants realistically with the bank statements and, its been almost a year, I think, and don't have an optic for it yet.
I do have a Dylan 550 coming though and am trading a 45 for a 9mm so that I can continue to train affordably.

Personally, I feel ammo for guns I have at their full functional capacity is more important than taking on the entirely new field of precision work just for fun.
Don't get me wrong. I still WANT a Razor HD, but its not high on the list because realistically I know I'm not going to use it other than to take classes, and eventually compete. While those would be fun, they're not NEEDS.