Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or Sig

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Colt or Sig

I work for a small midwest town of about 14,000 people. I attended a budget meeting Monday night and the Captain of our pd presented his departments captital requests for the fiscal year. I was pleased to hear him ask for six patrol carbines as I had been pushing them to try and buy them. The Captain is a great guy, the RO for the pd and also their armorer. When I asked if he was looking at Colt 6920's or such, he showed me a picture and ad for Sigs. I know nothing about Sigs so I thought I would see what the informed people here thought. I think the price was just over $1,300 each and I don't have any details yet on accessories he might be looking at. So what do you guys think, Sig, Colt or something else? Thanks for any input.

Alan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Some good info can be found here.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    What Sig model?
    Well, really, it doesn't matter.
    I would recommend Colt 6920s or 6921s any day over pretty much anything else in the price range for duty use.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Well, really, it doesn't matter.
    I would recommend Colt 6920s or 6921s any day over pretty much anything else in the price range for duty use.
    This^^ He could get the Colt 6920s for around $1,000 each (maybe cheaper with LEO discount), and still have $300+ to put into accessories. The colt is by far the better gun IMO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I doubt you'll find any fans for the Sig on here. They've mainly become a marketing firm with little to show in the product area. The gun rags are pretty much shills these days for any marketing company that will shell out advertising dollars, so anything in their publications is suspect.

The Colt 6920 is the cheaper and MUCH better way to go.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Colt colt colt, no contest. Sigs aren't TOTAL crap, but they certainly aren't as high quality as colts, and they cost more. Forget em.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Easy choice of the day. Colt
    Paladin training.com.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Colt. Hands down. If the Sig he was looking at was in an ad, it was probably garbage. If you think a 3rd party would have positive influence, send him to this site or PM me and I'll write up a formal letter clearly weighing the pros and cons of each.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt dude, Colt.

As far as SIG goes, if their rifles are going to take the same road as their line of pistols then we can expect to see the Dark Hello Kitty M4 and Gay Pride M4 models rolling out soon.

Nowadays... when I think of SIG, I think of this...
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83494

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I don't know too much about the sig, but you can save $300 and buy known quality carbines. I would imagine that sort of value and savings would go well in today's budget conscious state of affairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast