Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FINE! I'LL GET A .22!

Feedback Score

FINE! I'LL GET A .22!

Due to the cynicism and lack of open-mindedness of some of the forum members here, I've decided to take their advice, refine my basics and purchase a .22 LR pistol. If it's true that you're supposed to shoot 100 rounds of .22 for every one round of a big-boy caliber, then I guess I've been missing out. I was think about the Ruger 22/45 Lite Pistol.

http://ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Nice choice. If you're a big 1911 guy, check out guns such as the GSG 1911 .22. Full size 1911, my new fav for cheap trigger time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is your goal for the .22 pistol? To be come more proficient with something else I'm guessing. If so do they make a .22 version of the "big boy" gun you want. For example the M&P 22 would be a good trainer if you were looking at the M&P9 for your gun to be.

Personally if you have the money to practice with 9mm I'd say just get the big gun.

Feedback Score
    You will never regret a quality .22 LR pistol. Those Rugers have a cult following for sure. I like .22LR DA revolvers a lot for training the hardest trigger pull to master - the long heavy DA.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can't beat the Ruger action. I've got Mark I's, II's and III's. They're durable as hell and I regularly use mine on squirrels out to 25 yards.

It's best to blame my misspelled words on autocorrect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was all set to get a ruger Mark III bull barrel, but after handling the Browning buckmark camper, I'm very happy I bought it instead.

Lots of great options. I'm not going to say mine is better than the mark III (costs are too similar to worry about) and I'm sure I'd have been happy with the mark III.

But I LOVE shooting 500 rounds for less than a box of 9mm luger.

Get extra magazines and a magazine loader (mine works pretty good and saves a sore thumb).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly16 View Post
    If so do they make a .22 version of the "big boy" gun you want.
    True.

Also look at conversion kits. There are a few for the Glock, and several for the 1911.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    I have owned and heavily shot a 5.5" bull barreled 22-45 for going on 10 years now.

Great pistol. Accurate and reliable with most rounds I feed it. Even likes the cheapo 550rd bulk pack stuff from Wal Mart.

I give the 22-45 a nod....the thing is big fun and has never given me a lick of trouble.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    every man should own a ruger MK series.

esp since there is the ultimate clip loader.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Hard to go wrong with a Mk I, II, or III. I just picked up a Mk III to host my suppressor on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast