View Poll Results: Can you guess which safety I decided on

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Troy

    0 0%
  • BAD ASS

    19 50.00%
  • Defense Package

    0 0%
  • Noveske

    15 39.47%
  • Standard

    4 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Ambi safety Noveske 60' selector

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Ambi safety Noveske 60' selector

    Update: Poll added Can you guess which safety I decided on

    I was looking for a ambi safety and came across this. I need your opinion on one of the ambi safeties from Noveske.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

    Do you guys think it is better than the BAD ASS.
    Last edited by 420ollie; 08-14-12 at 17:34. Reason: Upadate

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Minnesota
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    I was looking for a ambi safety and came across this. I need your opinion on one of the ambi safeties from Noveske.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

    Do you guys think it is better than the BAD ASS.
    I am pretty sure this is one of magpul's new products. Stick posted a pic a while back with it. I hadn't heard it is out yet so info might be hard to come by. But you can try to pm Stick, he should know.
    Last edited by Preach; 07-31-12 at 18:02.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Which stick I can't find which one?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't need to see the Noveske offering to know that the BAD-ASS offering is better. The true short throw (45) of the BAD-ASS has to be experienced to be appreciated. To be honest I don't think they are comparable since one is customizable and the other isn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Posts
    142
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    CO/HI
    Posts
    433
    Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    The BAD ST safety accomplishes everything I could want from a safety and does so in exemplary fashion.

    I may be in the minority here but I don't see any reason to go with the Noveske/Magpul safety besides the price. And for something I use as much as the safety, I'd rather fast for a few days to save up the difference.


    And while we're here, might as well attach a pic of both. The first is my picture, the second pulled from Noveske's page.



    Last edited by buckjay; 07-31-12 at 19:00.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Minnesota
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    Which stick I can't find which one?
    Sorry, I meant one of our prominent members, Stickman. He has some of the best AR pics.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,623
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just ordered one of the Noveske units from Ranier Arms. I look at it as a "proof of concept" purchase. The BAD-ASS is what I really want, but no one local has one for me to play with and that's a lot of $$$ for a selector. It's not like I can just buy one BAD-ASS to cover my needs. If one AR gets it, they all have to get it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I just ordered one of the Noveske units from Ranier Arms. I look at it as a "proof of concept" purchase. The BAD-ASS is what I really want, but no one local has one for me to play with and that's a lot of $$$ for a selector. It's not like I can just buy one BAD-ASS to cover my needs. If one AR gets it, they all have to get it.
    I was thinking the same ting. That why I wanted some suggesions before hand. I don't know which to get.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll keep my BAD ASS.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So can you guys guess what I decided on.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    So can you guys guess what I decided on.
    Hopefully the Short Throw BAD-ASS....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There was another safety I was looking at also.
    Here is the thread. http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109743

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,563
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by buckjay View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I don't see any reason to go with the Noveske/Magpul safety besides the price.
    Based on use, or based on something else? BA makes a great product, and is available in a bunch of configurations, but I'm missing what the negative is of the Noveske variant.
    Stick


    I have been asked to point out that I am Magpul's photographer. I have also done work for 95 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my work has been used for web, catalog, banners, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military where it has been used in training aids. I am prior service and a full time LEO.


    I also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus is weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. If you have something new, let me know.



    Newest pictures uploaded here at my Flickr account

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    1,197
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Personally I don't see double the value when comparing the price of the BAD ASS to the Noveske/Magpul. Once I get my stamp for my SBR I'll be replacing the safety for the Noveske/Magpul ambi one.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I got the badass with stainless levers. It is the beez kneez.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,707
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Am I mistaken in thinking the BAD short throw requires a compatible lower and the Noveske does not? Sorry guys, I haven't been paying attention to some of the new products.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,004
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We had to make it so it's not a drop-in part for receivers without the proper, 45 degree FIRE engravings.

    Nobody can argue that somewhere between SAFE and FIRE is FIRE, this necessitates the "lawyer pin" More info here http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82851

    We pressed a stainless steel pin in the body of the selector center to act as a block. 45 degree compatible receivers (most of them are 45/90 compatible, they can be used with either 45 or 90 degree selectors) have a notch on the left side of selector hole to allow the pin to go through.

    If the pin is removed, it becomes a drop-in part for any standard AR receivers, but it will void the warranty. We neither encourage nor suggest its removal, we don't want to get sued, and we don't want our customers to get sued because a shooter that just picked it up may not realize this is not a 90 degree selector, and the pointer doesn't point to FIRE.

    Never mind the pirate or zombie themed, or Obama (HOPE and CHANGE markings) may run into the same liability issue, or may not, for I don't know of attorneys that can argue that ARGG or DEAD actually mean FIRE, we're not opening ourselves or our customers to litigation
    VP, Battle Arms Development
    Improvidus, Apto quod Victum

    http://battlearmsdevelopment.com

    For MIL, LE and firefighter discount, please email me
    roger@battlearmsdevelopment.com

    FaceBook YouTube

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    149
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    We had to make it so it's not a drop-in part for receivers without the proper, 45 degree FIRE engravings.

    Nobody can argue that somewhere between SAFE and FIRE is FIRE, this necessitates the "lawyer pin" More info here http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82851

    We pressed a stainless steel pin in the body of the selector center to act as a block. 45 degree compatible receivers (most of them are 45/90 compatible, they can be used with either 45 or 90 degree selectors) have a notch on the left side of selector hole to allow the pin to go through.

    If the pin is removed, it becomes a drop-in part for any standard AR receivers, but it will void the warranty. We neither encourage nor suggest its removal, we don't want to get sued, and we don't want our customers to get sued because a shooter that just picked it up may not realize this is not a 90 degree selector, and the pointer doesn't point to FIRE.

    Never mind the pirate or zombie themed, or Obama (HOPE and CHANGE markings) may run into the same liability issue, or may not, for I don't know of attorneys that can argue that ARGG or DEAD actually mean FIRE, we're not opening ourselves or our customers to litigation
    I didnt know you were on here too. You are working every angle and that is great customer service.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,004
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Every serious manufacturer and developer needs to have a presence here
    VP, Battle Arms Development
    Improvidus, Apto quod Victum

    http://battlearmsdevelopment.com

    For MIL, LE and firefighter discount, please email me
    roger@battlearmsdevelopment.com

    FaceBook YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •