Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My "HOT MESS" S&W M&P 15-22

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very cool little rifle you have there. Makes my 15-22 look like a big pile of garbage.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Looks great! Did you cut the factory barrel or will other standard .22 barrels fit properly? I have wanted a more accurate barrel in mine...

Thanks
    Cut the barrel.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    Very cool little rifle you have there. Makes my 15-22 look like a big pile of garbage.
    LOL, ya I know (as mine used to look like that).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 12-06-12 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like it. Can you tell us more about the Lancer handguards? How does it mount? Does it have a replacement barrel nut, then attach to the barrel nut with screws?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    5LBS (unloaded).

C4
    Nice, about the same as my Springfield TRP. hahahaha

In all seriousness though that thing is wicked.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Why would that matter on a Rimfire gun?
    I don't think it makes much difference for close-range or casual plinking.
    but, for longer range (e.g. if you are shooting with optics):
    If you read the other threads on the M&P-15-22, many people report accuracy problems using the rifle with a sling if they tighten the sling for support while shooting. The factory handguard (quad-rail) has a front space that clips-in and (loosely) rests against the barrel, but when putting stress on the handguard this presses against the barrel near its mid-point with varying levels of force.
    Disclaimer: I've never shot mine with optics or at long range or with a sling so I can't say first-hand, but I'm just pointing out other threads on this board answer that question, since you asked.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-06-12 at 11:23. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I like it. Can you tell us more about the Lancer handguards? How does it mount? Does it have a replacement barrel nut, then attach to the barrel nut with screws?
    The Lancer is similar to the PRI system but without the glued (epoxy) tube to metal sleeve (that never worked well). You have to red loctite on the barrel nut, let it dry (24hrs) and then screw in the ring and torque it on. Then the tube slides over it (press fit) and then is screwed down onto the ring (or collar if you will).

C4

Feedback Score
    great website!my buddy has one,and only have an old mossberg .22 bolt action target.i want a semi,but don`t want the ruger 10/22,as i want to stay with the same system;so i guess one is in my near future and this website will help me at least free float the rail for accuracy!

Feedback Score
    Very cool. I've been seriously thinking about picking one of these up for cheap training.

What kind of accuracy is the gun capable of?

Feedback Score
    many people report accuracy problems using the rifle with a sling if they tighten the sling for support while shooting. The factory handguard (quad-rail) has a front space that clips-in and (loosely) rests against the barrel, but when putting stress on the handguard this presses against the barrel near its mid-point with varying levels of force.
    I've seen it myself, easily a 5" shift at 25 yards. My solution was not as cool. I bought a True Shot 15-22 sight base. I did not like the attachment system (clamp, loc-tite, and hope) so I had our local black gun gunsmith, drill and tap it with a set screw through the bayonet lug. He then dimpled the 15-22 barrel and installed the sight base. I am now free floated for less than $75.

Detail of drill and tap through bayonet lug:

Installed closeup:

Overall view:

True Shot Website:
    http://www.trueshottechnologies.com/...SSON_1522.html
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast