Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Float Hand Rail for Stock Front Sight?

Feedback Score

Free Float Hand Rail for Stock Front Sight?

Hi!....I have a Colt 6920 that I want to keep the stock front gas block and sight on but am looking at free float rails that go around the stock front sight. Currently I'm using a Midwest Industry short drop in rail.

I'm not looking for cheapest, I'm wanting tried and true well built. I'd also like to not have to modify my 6920 or remove stock front sight or barrel nut for installation and not have to modify the rifle so that later on I can turn it back to stock if needed. Make sence?

I'm asking if I've missed any rails to choose from in my list here. I didn't see anything from Knights for example. If anyone has personal experience with these please post up...thanks!

MY CHOICES:
    Daniel Defense Omega X Rail
    Daniel Defense Rail Interface System (socom uses this)
    Troy MRF-CX Battle Rail (uses stock barrel nut)
    Midwest Industries MCTAR-20XG2 (installs over stock barrel nut)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    I have the Omega X rail and it's nice but heavy . Though I plan to take mine of and shave the front sight to get a lighter gun. I will add a Daniel's Defense front sight to finish it off.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use the Troy Charlie rail. Its fine. A little heavy. I beleive its the only one thats "drop-in" and doesnt require the removal of anything. And I have the shorter mk18 RIS II rail and I think its alittle wide but I like to wrap my hand around the rail. If thats not your style then it shouldnt matter.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Centurion C4

Feedback Score
    I would also take a good at the Centurion C4.

What kind of install are you looking for??

I'd also like to not have to modify my 6920 or remove stock front sight or barrel nut for installation and not have to modify the rifle so that later on I can turn it back to stock if needed. Make sence?
    Well that rules out the Omega X and the RIS and the Midwest.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Well that also rules out the Centurion C4
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Reading the descriptions for install on all these rails is confusing. From the description of the Midwest rail they make it seem like nothing needs to be removed....front sight or barrel nut...and replaced with any thing else....no?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmm46 View Post
    I use the Troy Charlie rail. Its fine. A little heavy. I beleive its the only one thats "drop-in" and doesnt require the removal of anything. And I have the shorter mk18 RIS II rail and I think its alittle wide but I like to wrap my hand around the rail. If thats not your style then it shouldnt matter.
    Thanks...as far as weight and looks this might be my least favorite but it seems to a drop in free float. Have you have any shifting issues lose screws?

I use to use the front bipod but have moved any from that. A hand stop and wrapping my hand around the rail seems to be the most sturdy for me. I'm a big guy 6'5 235 48yrs old but my left arm and part of my hand is all bolted together so I'm not as strong as a young guy weight training...so this works for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Thanks!!! This never came up in my search last night...maybe because I did specify "cut out rail"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast