Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Ammo-Another low weight/hi velocity round

Feedback Score

Liberty Ammo-Another low weight/hi velocity round

I'll stick with my HST... Funny thing is I just bought 2 more boxes of HST +P 9mm from TDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSde...175B0B&index=1
    Last edited by Swatdude1; 03-30-13 at 00:14.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swatdude1 View Post
    I'll stick with my HST... Funny thing is I just bought 2 more boxes of HST +P 9mm from TDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSde...175B0B&index=1
    You and THE Ground Truth must have seen the same ad for this ammo tonight as he just started a thread about it a second ago. It does seem interesting, however they are out of stock on all ammo on their site to try it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    You and THE Ground Truth must have seen the same ad for this ammo tonight as he just started a thread about it a second ago. It does seem interesting, however they are out of stock on all ammo on their site to try it out.
    Got a late night email from TDS and went to check out their you tube video.

Feedback Score
    First of all, Clear Ballistics blocks are NOT an "FBI spec gel block".

Next, based on the data shown in the lined video, the HST loads far surpassed the Liberty Ammunition loads in terms of terminal performance. The HST penetrated deeper, the HST wound tracks had no deviation from the shot lines after impact, the HST created larger permanent crush cavities, and the HST demonstrated minimal fragmentation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    First of all, Clear Ballistics blocks are NOT an "FBI spec gel block".

Next, based on the data shown in the lined video, the HST loads far surpassed the Liberty Ammunition loads in terms of terminal performance. The HST penetrated deeper, the HST wound tracks had no deviation from the shot lines after impact, the HST created larger permanent crush cavities, and the HST demonstrated minimal fragmentation.
    [sarcasm]But the HST didn't go ludicrous speed! Liberty ammo goes 2000FPS! It's got Knockdown Hydrostatic Shock Power! It's named USM4 so it has to hit like a 5.56! They have a SF badge in their advertising, so the Green Berets must use it![/sarcasm]
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    Doc, I know the gel wasn't spec but one interesting thing I did note is that the .40 HST turned sideways towards the end of its travel, while the .45 remained face forward for the entire penetration depth. Have you ever witnessed this in FBI gel?

Feedback Score
    I don't know what FBI gel is.

On the other hand, I am very familiar with calibrated Type 250 A ordnance gelatin mixed to a 10% concentration and a temp of 4 deg C as made by both Kind and Knox, as well as Vyse. This is used by almost all wound ballistic researchers, including Dr. Fackler at LAIR, the FBI BRF, JSWB-IPT, USMC, NSWC Crane, CHP, LAPD, SJPD, etc...

Frequently when a projectile reaches the end of its travel, the residual elasticity of the gel will bounce the projectile back a bit from the end of the wound track--kind of like bouncing on a trampoline. When this occurs, the projectile often times comes to final rest tilted off axis.

Watching the linked video was painful, as the folks making it clearly do not know what they don't know...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm sure that a percentage of fools will buy this instead of HSTs, thus leaving more available HSTs for me.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I don't know what FBI gel is.
    Sorry, what you said. I was referring to the gelatin used for FBI testing.

Feedback Score

Re: Liberty Ammo-Another low weight/hi velocity round

Wow, that guy can have his silly varmint loads. Leave the HST's for the rest of us. Looks like a great bullet for squirrels and the like, though. I am curious as to how well it flies due to being so short. I feel like we have seen these varmint type "magical" bullets before...all that's missing is a poorly done, cruel test on pigs by people who don't know how to perform such tests.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    — Mahatma Ghandi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast