Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LED upgrade for Surefire G2

Feedback Score
    I have a 6Z with a 250 lumen Malkoff dropin and a G2Z with a 175 lumen Malkoff dropin. Both work very well. Do not go with the highest output dropin with a polymer light, because they do not dissipate heat as well as aluminum. 175 lumens for 5 hours is quite a useful output/runtime combination.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Anybody have a problem with the wife having a good old fashioned G2 with regular incandescent, knowing it will only be used if the bad man comes knocking?
    The problem with incandescent is that you never know when the bulb is going to die.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Though if its a seldom used light, the G2 is still a good choice considering cost. I would think. Personally, im currently very happy with the EB2. The LX2 also seems worthy of consideration.
    Last edited by PLCedeno; 11-17-13 at 06:03.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    Which has better spill? Tnvc or the malkoff?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was reading this old tread about a week ago and thought it would be nice to convert my original surefire 6p and g2 to led.
    For my duty light I use a streamlight rechargeable led. Since I no longer use the surefire lights because of the short battery life, I ordered a Cree led drop in head for the g2. UPS showed up with a package today so I threw it in the car and figured I would try it tonight while things are slow. I assembled it and had to trim the outer spring and do a little bit of adjusting to get it to fit inside the g2.
    I was initially impressed with the brightness but the head heated up very fast. That thing runs hot and the batteries lasted maybe 10 mins. I took out the cr123 batteries and they were very hot to the touch. The led light acts as if it has a short in it. I have to bang the light around and it will flicker.
    Long story short save yourself the $10 and don't even bother with the Chinese LED upgrade. That things a piece of shit and I would not count my life on it. I am going to reinstall the original incandescent back into the surefire lights and just continue using my stream light LED flashlight for duty use. The saying goes you get what you pay for so I couldn't be too disappointed with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You really do get what you pay for. Springing for the Malkoff will avoid the problems you had.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234