Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with an old S&W 38 Revolver

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I just took a set of Pachmayr Compac grips off my 49 because I wanted something smaller. I'll hook you up with them cheap. PM if you are interested in them.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/145...t-rubber-black

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Nice pistol- congratulations!
    There's folks on the www.smith-wessonforum.com that would love to read about and see your Model 38! Some would kill to acquire the box, let alone the pistol/box/paperwork and tools together!!!
    And for lightweight, yet functional grips, give a look at the Hogue J frame Bantam grip...

PM me the serial number and I'll check the S&W Standard catalog to try to date the gun...
    It was only a momentary lapse of reason...

Feedback Score
    One of the best grips going for those are the older styled "Banana" grips from S&W, just long enough to help in control, and the latter ones where relieved for speed loader use,, or a fine set of STAG!!!
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zhoenixx View Post
    This gun was given to me by my Father, a retired homicide detective. He carried it daily as his back up gun up while on duty and now I use it as my carry gun.

I was looking to replace the furniture with something with that offers more grip, but am having a hell of a time finding anything that will fit. Does anyone have an idea where I should look next?

Also, when I showed it to an employee at my LGS to see if he had any grips for it, he was extremely interested in acquiring it and asked what my price was. I would never sell it due to the story behind it and what it means to me, but any idea what it may be worth?

It has the original box, all the paperwork, and maybe has 100 rounds through it.

Please see the pictures in the link below for all the details.

http://imgur.com/a/n7YjN#0

Thanks!
    Nice old revolver that's still a VERY viable carry gun. I have one of the newer versions and I carry it from time to time. If you opt for pocket carry, don't have any change in that pocket. A dime will just fit in the slot behind the hammer and tie up the gun.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    I agree with Tyler T-grips. An old school cool 38 should wear them instead of new VZ's. Been using the Tyler's myself for over 30 years and don't see any reason to change now as long as they are available.
    Team VA Arms member

Feedback Score
    Tyler T Grips or Herrett's Detective stocks. Will make it shootable yet still be authentic to the era.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave James View Post
    One of the best grips going for those are the older styled "Banana" grips from S&W, just long enough to help in control, and the latter ones where relieved for speed loader use,, or a fine set of STAG!!!
    Memories.Good ones.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again everyone!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12