Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1816

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, i changed it to private for the time being as the RS-64 that I was using for the video is a preproduction original prototype, while the RS32 I used is an actual commercial model.

The video drivers for the two systems are different (the new production models have newer improved video drivers) and the output through the video channel out to the DVR is different for the different brightness and presets, so I am going to have to get a newer production RS64 model to be able to give them an adequate comparison when both are setup exactly the same way.

I was very impressed with the RS32-35mm though, it is a strong unit and I took out my old mil-spec FLIR GS T-50 with the older 25 micron core and 60mm lens to compare side by side to it and they match up very well out to 250 yards, covering my entire stand was a piece of cake with both units.

The RS32 has a bit lower resolution and would make for a more difficult positive ID out past 225 yards, but as far as targeting goes, not a problem. Very nice unit for the bucks IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Got a nice pic of a deer out of the RS32-35mm:

Feedback Score
    Have been working on a new mini DVR setup that has a remote recording switch, the unit is always off until you hit the swtich and then it records.

This unit will work real good with the FLIR RS series.

Here is my older unit which works very good with the FLIR T-70s, T-60, T-50, and RS series thermals. it is up and recording in 10 seconds with the press of two buttons:

Here is the new smaller unit with the remote video start switch:

Feedback Score
    Here is a You-Tube video I made in the backyard last night of the new FLIR PS-32R handheld scanner with 9FPS NTSC video out.

It is the same as the previous PS-32 but with video out and a larger 35mm germanium objective lens instead of the smaller 19mm on the PS-32.

As many of you experienced thermal users know, a 320 core with a 35mm lens is a very powerful instrument for reaching out past one half mile for detection.

I was easily able to discern rabbits, from coons, from possums, at 225 yards with the PS-32R.

This one also has a nice limited edition camo overlay.

The video was 500MB originally and is shrunk down to 46MB for U-Tube, so lost about 10X of the resolution but it still looks very very good, the 9fps video feed is hardly noticeable even when the deer are running through the woods. I would have thought there would have been more degradation of the movements at 9hz, but this was not the case.

i first saw the five deer out 450 yards and watched them walk through the deep woods into an open clearing at 225 yards and was amazed to see them still coming my way.

They all walked up to a depression below my stand and picked up my scent, you can see them with their noses in the air knowing I am somewhere near until they get a definite scent signature, SNORT, and take off from 60 yards right clear in front of me.

This is one of FLIR's new handheld scanner products and if people like it, more video options will be forthcoming as in their handheld series....my LS-64 would LOVE to have this capability!

Here is the vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF2HHrOyBjM

Feedback Score
    FLIR RS scope firmware upgrades are located here for all of you who own RS scopes:

http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/...view/?id=53129

Bookmark this site for future upgrades too...

Ver 01.17.00 May 06 2014

1. Fixed bug that prevented RS24 models from adjusting zero.
    2. Modified algorithm to support equal MOA adjustments for a specific model.
    3. Lowered continuous zoom speed to Improve lag between zoom and reticle position update.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I noticed in the FLIR youtube video about "zeroing" they zeroed the rifle on 1x. I was wondering if it has to be zeroed on 1x because in the FLIR manual it states this about the MOA adjustments
    Model Lens 1X 2X 4X

RS64 1.1-9x 35mm 1.67 0.84 0.42
    RS64 2-16x 60mm 0.97 0.49 0.24

So on the RS64 with 35mm lens if you have it on 1x then each adjustment (click) will move the crosshair 1.67 MOA, but if I you have it on 4x then each adjustment (click) will only move the cross hair .42 MOA. The way I understand it is this is not like an optical scope where .25 MOA click is the same at 3x and still the same .25 MOA at 9x.

So basically with each click of the zoom it cuts the MOA adjustment in half when you are zeroing your scope.

Now my question. So if I zeroed my FLIR on 4x zoom and my "zero" is (3,11) then if I reset the settings and clear everything out and then reenter the zero setting of (3,11) again, but it is on 1x when I put in the "zero" setting, is the scope still going to be zeroed in?

I hope that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    No, those setting will only work at the power at which you zeroed it in.

This is a digital thermal camera, not an analog visible light day optic, it works in pixels that are not quite square.

You can zero it at any power, but if you need to reenter the coordinates again, it should be set on the same power you zeroed at.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score

Exclamation

FLIR RS scope firmware upgrades are located here for all of you who own RS scopes:

http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/...view/?id=53129

Bookmark this site for future upgrades too...

Feedback Score
    The new software upgrade improves the POI=POA zeroing at all magnifications:

Ver 01.17.00 May 06 2014

1. Fixed bug that prevented RS24 models from adjusting zero.
    2. Modified algorithm to support equal MOA adjustments for a specific model.
    3. Lowered continuous zoom speed to Improve lag between zoom and reticle position update.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any word as to when the MK8 would start being released (official or unofficial)? Looks like my indecisiveness over the MK4 and MK5 may have paid off.

Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast