Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    15" keymod would look great on that rifle
    SCAR 17 FDE
    Noveske Afgan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Has anyone been able to find the recon I have been looking around for a friend and am striking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    I'd relate NCSTAR more to an incurable STD. Sure, you can get rid of the evidence that you ever owned it, but you will spend the rest of your life praying nobody finds out what you did (bought).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RearwardAssist View Post
    Has anyone been able to find the recon I have been looking around for a friend and am striking out.
    I've seen them on gunbroker but haven't been able to see one live and in person.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That Recon model looks very interesting. Not too excited about proprietary charging handles and such, but I can deal with that. If the price on these settles down like things usually do, this pay make getting into the 308 game easier for us limited funds guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is a complete SWAG on my part but I predict this will change much of the AR-10 market. It won't be long before companies start making charging handles to fit as well as barrel nuts, etc

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It is a complete SWAG on my part but I predict this will change much of the AR-10 market. It won't be long before companies start making charging handles to fit as well as barrel nuts, etc

I hope that companies scramble to clone the dimensions and it becomes THE standard pattern for large-frame ARs.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've seen them on gunbroker but haven't been able to see one live and in person.

Same here. Only seeing them on Gunbroker. Bud's lists them, but the Recon models are OOS (only ones they have in stock are the 20" Hunter and 24" Bull Barrel models)
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    Same here. Only seeing them on Gunbroker. Bud's lists them, but the Recon models are OOS (only ones they have in stock are the 20" Hunter and 24" Bull Barrel models)
    Is there any difference in the models other than barrel length and furniture?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My buddy just picked up a DPMS REPR. Still waiting on mine. His is pretty nice that CH throw is super long !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    '
    The bolts aren't the same size or design as an AR15 bolt. I think these things are going to hurt the sales of some of the bigger/newer AR15 cartridges. These are less expensive, they weigh about the same, they are apx 200fps faster and ammo is easier to find and cheaper and pmags work in them.
    What's not to like?
    I read that they were. Can anybody who own a DPMS GII and an .223/5.56/.300 BLK AR-15 maybe measure the bolt diameter and confirm this??

If you are referring to the .300 BLK, it's possible, but the .300 BLK has appeal to suppressor users (subsonic loads), SBR users (less velocity loss, noise and blast from short barels) and those who want to use the same PMags as for their AR-15s. The weight issue is still going to play in favor of the .300 BLK, as a fully loaded mag of .308 is gonna be heavier than .300 BLK.

Is there any difference in the models other than barrel length and furniture?

I think the Recon and SASS are mid-length, the AP4 and MOE is carbine-length and the Hunter is a lightweight profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackit View Post
    My buddy just picked up a DPMS REPR. Still waiting on mine. His is pretty nice that CH throw is super long !
    This is a GI you're talking about right? Isn't the CH throw the same length on the GI as it is for all .308 ARs? (e.g. LMT MWS, KAC, etc).

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast