Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S&W Model 69 Combat Magnum 44MAG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiznelly View Post
    I'm curious to hear how that one fellow is going to cut a two piece barrel down.
    funny u should mention this. Ken Hackathorn called me monday to tell me its a 2 pc bbl (sleeved) he was doing some vid's for wilson combat abd saw bill wilson's. knew i was going for the 29 to take to idaho in june. spending a week with him and going to elmer keith's old home and personal shooting booth.

i called and caught it before it was shipped. changed to the 329-4"
    i livee in a small town and no 1 had a #69 or a #329 for me to look at. i had a 329-2-1/2" and sold it. just wanted a longer bbl
    tks for the heads up anyway. i dont knnow this

jjw
    Last edited by jjw; 04-15-14 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    Didn't realize they went back to naming their revolvers.

I was interested, now I must have one. Names are so much better than numbers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just saw one of these last weekend, and got my nasty dickbeaters on it. I had been saving for a new G17 and a 442, but I almost plunked it all down on the Model 69 man-cannon combat super killer elite death destroyer. Such a sweet revolver! I never had much interest or practical need for a .44, but I really loved the trigger and overall feel of this gun. It seems like a real shooter. Plus, it's the Model 69...heh.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Interesting pistol.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they bring back the Model 65 with a 3" tube, or a run of CS-1 revolvers.

I'll look forward to the range report!
    It is my deepest wish that they resurrect that 3" K-frame .357, they are in my humble opinion the perfect wheelguns...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I would call Smith & Wesson and see if they make a taller front sight, if it is pinned like most of their other revolvers (forgot about that!) then it should be pretty simple to correct this without even sending the gun back. Just have them send you a taller front sight, or go aftermarket.
    This. They had the same problem with the Model 22, Model of 1917. New front sights squared it away quickly.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    How much worse was the recoil vs an N frame?

It sure is a beautifully proportioned revolver. Maybe they'll offer it in a 5 shot .41 mag format some time. A little less bite; that'd be sweet too.
    There's my vote and money, chamber it in .41 Mag!

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denali View Post
    It is my deepest wish that they resurrect that 3" K-frame .357, they are in my humble opinion the perfect wheelguns...

I agree.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234