Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP! .22LR Recommendations

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuvik View Post
    I have a Ruger Bisley .22, which is basically a Bear Cat with a different trigger, hammer, and grip.
    I believe the Bisley Single Six is based on the standard Single Six, and that the Bear Cat is a much smaller piece. I've owned both. The 22 Bisley is beg enough that I could shoot it pretty well, but the Bear Cat was just too darned small.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am sure you are correct. I am a little bit rusty on the Ruger .22 nomenclature. I really like the Bisley, and originally intended to purchase a .44 to match it, but never got around to it. Nice gun, but single action revolvers are not ideal for little kids just learning to shoot as previously stated.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ok,

I picked up the Browning 1911-22 compact for the girls; hand fit is great and it's built exactly like a 1911 only 85% size so doing some trigger work will be no problem. No mutant pistol here.

I also picked up the Sig Mosquito mostly because I thought it was neat and my oldest should be able to use it some. The trigger is pretty bad! After taking a look inside, that will be an engineering project; I'll let y'all know how that works out!

So far the 1911-22 eats whatever it's fed. The Sig is a bit pickier but that should be ok; it's not near as picky as a Glick conversion I had.

Thanks for the help! I'll put some more info up after Saturday's range trip!
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    If it is grip size, then the Sr22 or the P228 13 would be good choices. If you are concerned with control manipulation, then I would suggest the 422 or the 622.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having kids at the low end of the height charts I feel your pain. I will say that my M&P 22 eats everything that I feed it. The grip may be a bit big, but they will grow into them.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123