Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armour Wear?

Feedback Score
    I wonder where we can suggest a test of these plates to certain former truly knowledgable member of this forum and see results as well. I'm buying two pairs of these, one pair 3+ and a set of 4. Seems as too good to be true as it can get at this price point

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    So I just got an email reply and they used to use a foam backer and that was the version that was in the video. The old foam version was over an inch and the new version without the backer is just under an inch. Which makes sense because I've watched some very recent reviews and it looks much thinner than the plate in the testing vid on their site.
    Ah... cool. Thanks for posting that.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link. Definitely interested and tagged for future updates and testing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thinking about these plates a little more... Is the 1/4" difference in thickness going to alter the perceived weight of the level 4 plates in comparison to the level 3+? The level 3+'s just seem so thick and bulky, but the 4's are considerably heavier.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Thinking about these plates a little more... Is the 1/4" difference in thickness going to alter the perceived weight of the level 4 plates in comparison to the level 3+? The level 3+'s just seem so thick and bulky, but the 4's are considerably heavier.
    I think it's just like any other plate. Thickness plays more into shootability of a shoulder fired weapon and weight plays more into overall fatigue.

For a set, the weight difference is equal to my fully loaded BCM and I have no real need for the extra level of AP ammo protection, so I think I know which is better for me.

I think it just comes down to if you are going to be shooting in it more, or wearing it for longer periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    even if the 3+ and 4 weighed exactly the same amount, I really don't think the 1/4" will alter your perception of the weight, being located so close to your center of gravity. As haydenb stated, the effect you will notice will be fatigue over time from the total weight of your carried load. I would rather have the heavier plates in a properly fitted carrier than save a few pounds and have them bouncing around in a sloppy carrier.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn. I wish I could try out a few of the options I'm looking at before committing. Those 3+ in a multi curve look really tempting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Just placed an order for level III+ multi curve front and single curve back plates. This will be my first hard armor so my review prob won't mean very much. Gotta start somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It would be nice if they made a multi-curve 3+ back plate.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Those are some pretty good prices and the video is impressive.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast