Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Priced dropped on D&H, buy them or pay more for nhmtg?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
    Over the past decade I picked up various magazines at gun shows. Turned out a lot of them are c products and are junk. I ended up putting all of my c products magazines into a box, wrote "retired" on the box and put it on a top shelf in a closet.

Now that prices are back down I want to increase my buying rate. I was buying ammo one month, then some magazines, then ammo, then magazines, then ammo,,,, kinda rotating it out.

Those D&H hitting $7 - $8 are too good to pass up.

I know nhmtg are supposed to better, but I know I will kick myself during the next panic buying spree if I do not get some D&H.
    Most of the C-product mags I've got are about 8-10 years old which I was buying at about $6 a piece at the time, got a few dozen.
    Anyway, most ran decent, the issue came up for me earlier this year when I moved and was resorting/stacking mags and noticed that just about every one of the C-product mags were showing not insubstantial rust on the mag springs. Pulled them apart and all of the C-product mags had rusty springs, but the magpul pmags, D&H, Colt/nhmtg mags, even my ****ing couple bushmaster mags which were stored in the same or worse conditions did not show any rust or tarnish on the springs. The C-product mags have since been relegated to training/trade fodder pile.

Back on the D&H mags, just got back from the range a little while ago, ran a couple hundred rounds through a few of them, from 55gr .223, 55gr 5.56, and 75gr Steel Match. Everything fed fine. Only bitch would be that they are a little harder to seat than my pmags, though this could honestly be due more to the fact I was choking up on the mag during insertion on my BCM and not seating it properly. Grabbing the mag closer to the bottom seemed to solve this issue so likely a training issue since I am use to the finger groves on the pmags.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Huh, didn't realize DH had a bad rep. I have 10 BCM battleship grey mags with Magpul followers that are brand new. I have them stashed away for a rainy day and they are the only USGI mags I own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Where are you finding NHMTGs for $11-12?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    That is who I was going to buy from.

44mag has had nhmtg at that price for several months. I was expecting the price to drop some more before to much longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
    That is who I was going to buy from.

44mag has had nhmtg at that price for several months. I was expecting the price to drop some more before to much longer.

I've watched them off and on for several years. MAYBE on an occasion or two the price dropped to $10.99 each, but I don't recall their price ever going below that, and $11.99 is the price I remember paying for most of my NHMTG mags over the years. So don't feel bad about not waiting; you may be wasting your time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I purchased 10 d&h mags at the beginning of the year for $8 each. I have not had any issues or problems with them. I bought them and was planning on using them as cheap beater mags for hunting that I could abuse and throw them away if needed. Quiality seems okay and they function fine. Only complaint is the metal mag rattles in the lower ( maybe a loose fit) while walking around hog hunting so I switched back to pmags to eliminate the clunking and clatter. Now I just use them for range use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think for training use the D&H magazines are a great buy if you catch a sale with free shipping, they seem to run especially well with steel cased ammo as the slick coating keeps them from binding inside the mag body. Also many folks here trash the C-Products line and that may have been justified on many occasions but the recent batch (Last six to twelve months) of Stainless steel 30rd magazines seem to be strong performers and tough as nails. Back when PSA had a clearance on the stainless versions for $5.00 each with free shipping I picked fifty up hoping they would be in spec dimensionally and so far they have not disappointed with some rough use.

Also I would not hesitate in grabbing some of the "Enhanced" Tan follower USGI magazines which are selling in the E&E sections of AR related boards as the prices are very good and they work well.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    In my experience, D&H mags have been good quality since at least 2008.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Thank you sir. I just ordered 25.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Do you remember the time frame when they put out the dog shit?

just bought 20 of the D&H at $7, along with 10 gen3 pmags. couldn't pass it up.
    If your mags are anywhere near current production, you're fine. It was back maybe 7-10 years now???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    Huh, didn't realize DH had a bad rep. I have 10 BCM battleship grey mags with Magpul followers that are brand new. I have them stashed away for a rainy day and they are the only USGI mags I own.
    There was a sketchy run several years back. The BCM grays are the reason I've given D&H a second look.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast