Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State .308

Feedback Score
    Lincoln 7. Did you use the .750 clamp on style gas block? Did you use the gen 1 or gen 2?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXDM9 View Post
    Lincoln 7. Did you use the .750 clamp on style gas block? Did you use the gen 1 or gen 2?
    Gen 2 .750" with set screws. I dimpled the barrel for the screws using a hand drill and used blue Loctite on the threads.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/332...ProductFinding

On sale, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    They received my upper on the 22 of January. Received it back on the 13th. Like most have said. Nothing in the box and no explanation. It did chamber a round and it did hold the bolt back on the last round. About every third the bolt will not fully close. I can use the forward assist and push it forward and continue for usually 2 to 3 rounds then the same thing. I am hoping if I cycle it a bunch of times it will wear in and smooth out. Not sure what they did. It came back dripping with lube and brass smeared all over the bolt face. I am running 180 grain super x through it because I had some. I just ordered 240 rounds of feedom munitions 150 grain new ammo to run through it to break it in. We will see what happens. Thinking I want to add a adjustable gas block to it also.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Palmetto State .308

I am having identical issues. FTRB on the first round from the magazine and subsequently about 30% of the time. Problems appear to stem from a very stiff extractor spring and stiff ejector spring. Once the extractor got over the rim, the round chambered smoothly. In addition, the rifle is obscenely over gassed. Ejection was to 1:30 consistently. Talked to Sprinco about buffers, orange vs . red and they are looking into it. Also replacing the extractor spring and putting in an H3 buffer.

On other notes, assembling the rifle was a pain and one part even needed "fitting". Neither gas block screws or rail screws had loctite. However the base rifle was under $900 shipped. For the price, I cannot truly complain.

Accuracy is unremarkable at about 1.5 MOA, but this could be equally due to the cheap ammo I was using.

Just waiting on the new springs until I can take it out again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyohte; 02-23-15 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    I decided to test out the weights of my 308 AR extractor springs. I used my trigger pull gauge to pull directly outward on the extractor claw while installed in the bolt. Here are the results:

Spring---------Spring alone------------W/ O-ring------------W/ O-ring and secondary spring

PSA factory--------->8lbs-----------------did not test--------------did not test

Springco-------------2.5lbs------------------3lbs-------------------------4lbs

Fulton-----------------3lbs-------------------4lbs--------------------------5lbs

My trigger pull gauge only goes to 8lbs, hence to absence of testing PSA spring with an O-ring or secondary spring. The 'secondary' spring, as I'm calling it, is part of the dual extractor spring that Springco sells. I've experienced so many FTRB malfunctions with the PSA extractor spring that it's clear it is, or is part of, the problem. For comparison, the weight test of my Colt 5.56 extractor with O-ring is 3lbs. I will be going with the Fulton extractor spring with Springco's 'secondary' spring and O-ring installed. Seems like a nice middle ground of the data received. Who knows how heavy the PSA spring really is...
    Last edited by Lincoln7; 02-24-15 at 07:27. Reason: Chart spacing

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After over 400 rounds to break in my upper it still would not function correctly. I couldn't get through a magazine without multiple FTRB failures. So I called PSA and they sent me a second shipping label. I told them to replace it or refund my money. Looks like they want to refund instead of making it right. I am disappointed that they couldn't fix it but maybe I will wait a few months and let them work out their issues and then order another.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    I decided to test out the weights of my 308 AR extractor springs. I used my trigger pull gauge to pull directly outward on the extractor claw while installed in the bolt. Here are the results:

Spring---------Spring alone------------W/ O-ring------------W/ O-ring and secondary spring

PSA factory--------->8lbs-----------------did not test--------------did not test

Springco-------------2.5lbs------------------3lbs-------------------------4lbs

Fulton-----------------3lbs-------------------4lbs--------------------------5lbs

My trigger pull gauge only goes to 8lbs, hence to absence of testing PSA spring with an O-ring or secondary spring. The 'secondary' spring, as I'm calling it, is part of the dual extractor spring that Springco sells. I've experienced so many FTRB malfunctions with the PSA extractor spring that it's clear it is, or is part of, the problem. For comparison, the weight test of my Colt 5.56 extractor with O-ring is 3lbs. I will be going with the Fulton extractor spring with Springco's 'secondary' spring and O-ring installed. Seems like a nice middle ground of the data received. Who knows how heavy the PSA spring really is...
    Let us know if this works out and is the fix. I ordered 240 rounds of freedom munitions hoping to try and break this thing in. But if this fixes the chambering issues even better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXDM9 View Post
    Let us know if this works out and is the fix. I ordered 240 rounds of freedom munitions hoping to try and break this thing in. But if this fixes the chambering issues even better.
    Will do. Headed to the range either today or tomorrow. Keep in mind I'm running the lighter extractor spring discussed here, a heavier Springco Red buffer spring, a heavier H3 weight buffer, and a Syrac adjustable gas block.
    Last edited by Lincoln7; 02-24-15 at 12:03. Reason: grammmactic errors

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    According to Sprinco, the spring is interchangeable with that of an AR-15. You may want to try a quick spring swap BGREID. Before you do, remove your extractor and see if it can successfully chamber a round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    According to Sprinco, the spring is interchangeable with that of an AR-15.
    Which spring?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast