Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State .308

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure of what malfunctions you're describing. Maybe pictures will help.

As for the receiver extension, Palmetto uses a standard size carbine buffer with an A5 length receiver extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Malfunction is just as described. It stovepipes the last case fired, but its also has stripped the next round off and has it partially chambered. As if the last round fired that is stovepiped is bouncing back into the gun.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Mine was doing this when it was overgassed and extractor tension was low causing the bolt to lose control of the empty casing. A combination of dialing down gas pressure, heavier buffer, heavier buffer spring, and heavier extractor spring may help you out. What is your configuration in regards to these components?

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    Mine was doing this when it was overgassed and extractor tension was low causing the bolt to lose control of the empty casing. A combination of dialing down gas pressure, heavier buffer, heavier buffer spring, and heavier extractor spring may help you out. What is your configuration in regards to these components?
    Here it is again -

PA10 Complete Lower (as it comes completed from PSA - has Carbine H Buffer, no clue what spring)
    PA10 stripped upped
    PA10 Nickle Boron BCG
    BCM Mod 4 762 CH
    RAINIER ARMS SELECT MATCH 16in Midlength Barrel
    BCM Lo-Pro Gas Block
    Midwest Industries 15in Keymod Handguard
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Malfunction is just as described. It stovepipes the last case fired, but its also has stripped the next round off and has it partially chambered. As if the last round fired that is stovepiped is bouncing back into the gun.
    If the fresh round is being fed by the bolt catching the rim of the case, you are having issues with your extractor, ejector or both.

If the bolt is over riding the rim and pushing the case from past the rim and up on the body, your main problem is from short stroking
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-12-15 at 11:28.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If the fresh round is being fed by the bolt catching the rim of the case, you are having issues with your extractor, ejector or both.

If the bolt is over riding the rim and pushing the case from past way up the body, your main problem is from short stroking
    And that's the issue I'm having trouble figuring out. The cases don't looked "marred" from a over rid to where its loading further up the case body but I'm not sure. It will literally shoot 4 or 5 rounds perfectly fine then do this malfunction, clear it, then go for 3 or 4 rounds. Seems like the "hotter" the gun gets, the more it malfunctions.

I swapped the standard H Buffer out for a A5H0 buffer. Gonna see if the slightly longer, lighter buffer helps any tonight.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would also look into the possibility of a weak spring. It should be a rifle length spring

I am American

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I would also look into the possibility of a weak spring. It should be a rifle length spring
    OHHHHH RLY. Good to know, I'll swap that out as well! Thanks.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The longer buffer will only make your problems worse because it will restrict the travel of the BCG.

Next time the rifle malfunctions, look to see if the bolt is catching the rim or not before clearing it

I am American

Feedback Score
    I'd try a heavier weight buffer spring and a carbine sized heavier (H3) buffer. The A5 buffer is for an A5 receiver extension and a 5.56 carrier travel.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast