View Poll Results: Should I Trade?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make The Trade Already! (You should trade a Sig for an HK any day, etc.)

17 60.71%
  • Wait (because its a 40, because I MAY regret getting rid of the P320)

11 39.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Trade or Not To Trade? P320c for USPc Stainless

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I wouldn't do the trade for a 40 unless that is what you really want. You can't give 40s away right now. I use to have the USPc at work in 40. It felt very top heavy to me. If you get the 40 and decide you don't care for it like the P320 the 40 is going to be hard to unload. David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uncle Kurt:

I've read this thread to this point and can't believe how many people would pass up a deal like this. From a value standpoint alone, you can't lose..Yeah, I know it's a .40, but it's also a very hard to find USPc. It could be easily sold for more than enough for you to get another Glock, extra mags and ammo. Seeing how your friend has only about 500 rnds through it, it's practically new, despite it's age. As you said in your first post, the P-320 doesn't do anything for you, and making this trade gives you the opportunity to get a new pistol for little or nothing out of your pocket should you decide you don't like it. Look around and see what stainless USPC's are going for.

ETA: I just checked Gunbroker..and there 10 stainless USP's for sale 3 are .40's, all except one have prices over $800 the one that isn't has a current bid of $500 but, the reserve also hasn't been met so I doubt it goes.. That should give you an idea what you're dealing with.. The numbers don't lie... Trade even up a $400 handgun that you really don't care for, for a $800 handgun? Unless you're married to the P-320, you'd have to be clear simple not to trade...
    Last edited by ralph; 11-25-15 at 10:32.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Uncle Kurt:

I've read this thread to this point and can't believe how many people would pass up a deal like this. From a value standpoint alone, you can't lose..Yeah, I know it's a .40, but it's also a very hard to find USPc. It could be easily sold for more than enough for you to get another Glock, extra mags and ammo. Seeing how your friend has only about 500 rnds through it, it's practically new, despite it's age. As you said in your first post, the P-320 doesn't do anything for you, and making this trade give you the opportunity to get a new pistol for little or nothing out of your pocket should you decide you don't like it. Look around and see what stainless USPC's are going for.

ETA: I just checked Gunbroker..and there 10 stainless USP's for sale 3 are .40's, all except one have prices over $800 the one that isn't has a current bid of $500 but, the reserve also hasn't been met so I doubt it goes.. That should give you an idea what you're dealing with.. The numbers don't lie... Trade even up a $400 handgun for a $800 handgun? Unless you're married to the P-320, you'd have to be clear simple not to trade...
    The funny thing is... he can make the trade and turn around and flip it! The 320 can bought anywhere! You're right btw, they're releasing some stainless models and USPC 9mm and USP 45 are worth the most money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    The funny thing is... he can make the trade and turn around and flip it! The 320 can bought anywhere! You're right btw, they're releasing some stainless models and USPC 9mm and USP 45 are worth the most money.
    That was exactly my point..If the OP decides he doesn't like it, It would be very easy to sell. Or if he wants to flip it quick, list it over at HK pro, for about $725-750..and it'd probably sell within a week. There's no downside, here.
    Last edited by ralph; 11-25-15 at 11:14.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd do the trade BECAUSE the HK is a 40, and because a USP is worth about twice what the 320 is worth.

9mm components, magazines, guns, and ammo could get scarce very quickly in the run up to the election. Despite its drawbacks, a 40 may be the easiest thing to feed in a year or two. Plus the USP is built like a tank, and has no problem handling the 40 S&W cartridge.

If you don't have a 40, then there's never been a better time to get one.

Or two.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    The anti 40 S&W fad will pass.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    I'd be all over that. I'm a big fan of the USP and as others have stated, it's worth quite a bit more than your Sig.

That said, is this a good friend? Because you might be ripping him off if he doesn't know how much it's worth.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'd do it for a couple of reasons:

1- Stainless slide USPcs are awesome.
    2- You have plenty of other 9mms.
    3- In event of gun scare, 40 is the easiest handgun cartridge to find, IME.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Besides after reading some of the threads on here... there seems to be an unreasonable hate for H&K.

Feedback Score
    I definitely make that trade. If you don't love the Sig, make the trade and immediately list the USP on HKPro or Gunbroker for $150 less than the going rate. You'll probably sell it in a couple of days, and still get a couple hundred bucks more than the Sig is worth. Then use the $$$ to get something you really like.
    I would probably keep the USP because I love DA/SA hammer-fired pistols and it's an insurance policy to have a .40 cal in the event of another 9mm glut.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast