Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech EXPS3 initial Cold Weather test

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Thank you! I'm new to the forum as a "poster". I can officially say, the ad hominem attacks are just as annoying on the sideline as they are in person. It seems the guy that's the most pissed off doesn't even own an eotech. I get making an argument for one product vs another, but no need to make it personal. Like I said in a previous post, if something works for your intended purpose, someone else criticizing it doesn't make it a bad choice. I have a sightmark m-spec. I acknowledge exactly what it is, and it does what I need it to. The response I get "it's garbage". I'm not getting dropped into Ramadi any time soon, and odds are the rest of us aren't either. So it's really not that big a deal. Same goes for the people sticking with eotech. They certainly have a problem on their hands as a company. But, it doesn't mean it's going to effect everyone that owns one. If you haven't had issues, great! If you have, you can now get it resolved, and decide where to go from there. At the end of the day they've made a product that has served our men and women well. One can get pissed at them for covering up and issue, I get that. Attack the person for sharing their opinion, weak.

I agree with you Digital. There is no perfect sight, aside from whatever MM runs of course. So no use in getting all bent out of shape over other people's choices. I selected mine for a given application, and others likely did the same. I'm happy with mine, and hopefully others are satisfied with theirs. If not, I'll be glad to share my experience with what I run. Pros, cons, and advice for application. We can't do all the research and trial and error on our own. So let's stop bitching like little children and do something constructive with our opinions.
    Please show me where I said there was a perfect sight? I indicated that the Aimpoint Micro series is as close as we can get at this point. If you would care to dispute and discuss that point then I'm all ears. I prefer my ACOG's. Having an opinion is fine, but trying to pass off that opinion as factual data is not. Eotech sights have had problems for nearly a decade, that information is admitted to by Eotech themselves. There is no "advancement" in design, there was only lies and failing products. The blanket refund is a clue as to just what Eotech thinks of their own products.

As for personal attacks I haven't engaged in any. It is my OPINION that those who continue to use Eotech sights or do not seek a refund are foolish. I can support that OPINION with the logic that returning a sight that has known defects for a full refund would allow a person to start over and try another optic. Sticking with an optic that has known defects and possibly losing the opportunity to seek a refund or repair is a huge gamble that will end with a return/refund or being stuck with a dead optic. Neither of those outcomes sounds more appealing than a refund and the chance to start over. Am I alone on this??

Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    What many do not seem to get is that the entire platform of the system is constantly fluid and evolving in ways that all of us want to be positive in general at least.
    When issues arise, the market, be it contract or commercial will favor a system that introduces lesser issues in favor of gains. The source generator (the business) responds by improving product if they choose to stay in that market. That does not mean that prior generations of product is "bad" or "defective by design". Issues come up with all things in times, a better mouse trap eventually happens. Look at generational changes in 1X sights over the years, there is continuous improvement. The continuous evolution has been raising the bar, I hope it continues to do so.
    Again, there was no improvement on the sights, ten years of the same failing design. I agree with what you say but it's not how Eotech conducted itself.

MM

ETA: Oddly enough, for a discussion about opinions it seems post previous to this one was deleted.....
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 12-22-15 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Going nowhere fast. Maybe there's an end to this in sight?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post

MM

ETA: Oddly enough, for a discussion about opinions it seems post previous to this one was deleted.....
    Maybe you ought to take that ****ing hint and quit trolling this thread. You've spoke your mind, we all heard it, now GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Please show me where I said there was a perfect sight? I indicated that the Aimpoint Micro series is as close as we can get at this point. If you would care to dispute and discuss that point then I'm all ears. I prefer my ACOG's. Having an opinion is fine, but trying to pass off that opinion as factual data is not. Eotech sights have had problems for nearly a decade, that information is admitted to by Eotech themselves. There is no "advancement" in design, there was only lies and failing products. The blanket refund is a clue as to just what Eotech thinks of their own products.

As for personal attacks I haven't engaged in any. It is my OPINION that those who continue to use Eotech sights or do not seek a refund are foolish. I can support that OPINION with the logic that returning a sight that has known defects for a full refund would allow a person to start over and try another optic. Sticking with an optic that has known defects and possibly losing the opportunity to seek a refund or repair is a huge gamble that will end with a return/refund or being stuck with a dead optic. Neither of those outcomes sounds more appealing than a refund and the chance to start over. Am I alone on this??

Again, there was no improvement on the sights, ten years of the same failing design. I agree with what you say but it's not how Eotech conducted itself.

MM

At this point you are just regurgitating the same repetitive shit all over again, for the last time people get it. They understand the risk, you are just being a jack ass at this point.

Aimpoints and Eotech are nothing alike... when people keep trying to compare the two it shows a general lack of knowledge on the subject.

Aimpoint is an emitter being projected onto a canted objective lens. That method causes magnification, image distortion and image shift. All the same "issues" people are losing their minds over with the MRO.

Eotechs are HUDS, there is no objective lens in the traditional sense. There for no magnification, image distortion or image shift.

Right now there is NOTHING on the market that they can replace their units with the same technology, they are in a tough spot. Especially those with impaired sight that cannot switch to a RDS even if they tried to.

You calling people foolish does not help anyone, it just make you look like and ass. So move along, the next posts I will just be flagging to the admins.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mysteryman - stop. Just stop. You are done with this thread

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It seems to me the internet hates Eotech while trigger pullers still find it the best assualter optic available. I know people who have had more Aimpoints than Eotechs die, for that matter. That said, I have had an Eotech mess up, and not an Aimpoint. YMMV I guess, but a lot of the SOF guys are pushing for LPV's currently, and those who aren't, still seem to prefer Eo for assaulting, from who I've spoken to on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Mysteryman - stop. Just stop. You are done with this thread
    So it's OK for others to make personal attacks towards me, and I'm not permitted to my opinion? Doesn't sound fair or free.

MM

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For everyone's general knowledge fund: posting after being told to stop is interpreted as....not stopping.

It's fairly straightforward.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It seems to me the internet hates Eotech while trigger pullers still find it the best assualter optic available. I know people who have had more Aimpoints than Eotechs die, for that matter. That said, I have had an Eotech mess up, and not an Aimpoint. YMMV I guess, but a lot of the SOF guys are pushing for LPV's currently, and those who aren't, still seem to prefer Eo for assaulting, from who I've spoken to on it.
    I guess a reasonable analogy is the eotech's are cars with all the latest technology, when they perform as expected they will out perform the aimpoints. However, that technology comes at a high cost in terms of reliability. When things go wrong, they go very wrong and you can wind up on the side of the road waiting for AAA.

I have decided to perform my own test on a unit, I'll set at 73 and take it to 122+ and 32 and see what happens. Will that debunk the issues that are being reported if nothing happens? No, but it will be interesting to see if I can duplicate and see just how bad it gets.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 12-23-15 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    so... interesting results.

Model EXPS3-0

Zeroed at 73,

took it up to 125 confirmed with Infrared thermometer. Zero shift.
    took it down to 32 confirmed with Infrared thermometer. 1 1/2 MOA Shift. ended up at 1/2 MOA shift after getting back to 73

Re-zeroed at 73, took it down to 40 confirmed with Infrared thermometer. Zero shift.
    took it up to 150 confirmed with Infrared thermometer. Zero shift.

So I suspect the shift has to do with expansion and contraction. Could not really push the upper temp limit to see if I could get it to shift, our equipment only goes to 150.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 12-23-15 at 10:36.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast