Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: P30 vs. VP9 - who's had 'em both?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that info mhm. I just stopped by a lgs, that out of all of them, I thought they'd have a V1. They didn't, they had a v3 and they also wanted 1050$$$ for it, so that was ridiculous! Buds has a v1for 836.. but I won't buy one without feeling the trigger first.

My understanding of the trigger, is a long take up, just like double action but without the weight. Then the second shot would be basically just like single action as long as the trigger isn't let completely out again and just let out enough to reset.
    Last edited by Dirknar; 02-06-16 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    That's pretty much right. But, all of the shots are sort of the same. On most DA pistols you can put one in the chamber and then de cock the hammer for a DA pull. On my LEM P30SK there is no decocker so every shot is the same. It is just VERY LONG and light. You are right about the second shot not having the long pull as long as you hold the trigger at the reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirknar View Post
    Thanks for that info mhm. I just stopped by a lgs, that out of all of them, I thought they'd have a V1. They didn't, they had a v3 and they also wanted 1050$$$ for it, so that was ridiculous! Buds has a v1for 836.. but I won't buy one without feeling the trigger first.

My understanding of the trigger, is a long take up, just like double action but without the weight. Then the second shot would be basically just like single action as long as the trigger isn't let completely out again and just let out enough to reset.
    The trigger pull really is the same every time with V1 LEM. There's is some slight difference in pull weight between the P2k and the P30, but most never notice it.

The reset is a bit long for some people. The gun can be ran fast when you learn the reset point, but it will take some rounds to get there. You will also get a couple of ounce reduction in the trigger pull after a few thousand rounds.

Feedback Score
    Anybody here running at least the Match sear spring in their VP9? I like the stock TRS and wouldn't change it, but am curious as to what the final pull weight would be with just the Match sear spring. Supposedly it's 2lbs off stock with both - that's too light for my taste, but I wouldn't mind .5lb or so off stock. Been dry firing the snot out of this thing.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 02-09-16 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Pulled these numbers off a post on HKPro. David

Stock VP9, < 500 rds = 5 lbs, 6 oz
    Broken-In VP9, ~4000 rds = 5 lbs, 8 oz (but smoooth....)
    Grayguns VP9, < 1000 rds = 4 lbs, 6 oz (again, smooth like butter)

Grayguns Receiver with Stock Slide = 4 lbs, 7 oz
    Stock Receiver with Grayguns Slide = 5 lbs, 3 oz

Broken-In VP9 with Ultra TRS installed ONLY = 4lbs, 9 oz (and smooth)

Stock VP9 after installing Ultra Springs = 3 lbs, 14 oz
    Grayguns after installing both Ultra Springs = 3 lbs, 14 oz

Grayguns VP9 with HKparts TRS ONLY (i.e. the Grayguns Ultra VP9!) = 3 lbs, 8 oz (and super smooth with 50% less reset)

Amount of forward reset pressure exerted by the TRS (pretty difficult to measure, but...)
    Stock TRS - 2 lbs 0 oz
    Ultra Match TRS - 1 lb 10 oz

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I put about a thousand rounds through a P30LS and I'm up to about half that many through a VP9. The only real difference I see is that one has a hammer and one has a striker. I prefer a Gen4 Glock to either of them.
    Since I posted this, I've put close to another 1k rounds through my VP9. I'm starting to prefer it slightly to a Glock, but only slightly.

One thing I have noticed is that it's definitely a full-sized pistol. People compare it to the G19 because of the barrel length (4.01" for the G19, 4.09" for the VP9), but the sight radius is almost the same as a G17 (6.49" for the G17, 6.38" for the VP9), which means that the slides are about the same length. They're also pretty much the same height, so I think it makes a lot more sense to compare it to the G17 than to the G19.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Pulled these numbers off a post on HKPro. David
    Thanks!!! I ordered the Springs earlier today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Thanks!!! I ordered the Springs earlier today.

Hopefully you bought the TRS tool as well. That will make your life much easier

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah - already own it. No stranger to HK pistol trigger work.

Feedback Score
    FINALLY got to shoot the new VP9. Holy &$@!!
    I'm in love with this thing. From the first shot to the 8th magazine I was a rockstar with it.
    I don't think I've ever gel'd so much with a handgun before. This thing really agrees with me.
    Fast follow ups and tight groups. Wow.
    I shot my P30L along with it and I can say it's a pretty drastic difference for me. The P30L was just a movin in my hands. Took a lot more intentional effort to get back on target.

Very happy camper here! Now I have this crazy urge to get another one. We REALLY need a VP9S/C and a VP45.
    I will be the first to have my USP9C up for sale.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast