Thread: Cut off front sight block question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cut off front sight block question

So i cut down my front sight post to fit under freefloat handguard. I accidentally cut the front ring to thin. I chop it off past where the gas tube stops, cleaned it up and pinned it back on. I have a DD clamp on gas block also. Is the cut down one ok even though its now only held by the one pin. It can't get bumped or beaten due to be under the handguard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    post some pics so others can see
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    image.jpg All i have is my iphone so im not sure how to properly load pics. It's very hard to see because I painted them both black after it was installed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    image.jpg this pretty much what it looks like.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    image.jpg this pretty much what it looks like.
    I can't see anything in your one pic, but if it looks like the above pic it's probably fine. Just make sure the one pin is tapped in adequately.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G.B. View Post
    So i cut down my front sight post to fit under freefloat handguard. I accidentally cut the front ring to thin. I chop it off past where the gas tube stops, cleaned it up and pinned it back on. I have a DD clamp on gas block also. Is the cut down one ok even though its now only held by the one pin. It can't get bumped or beaten due to be under the handguard.
    One tapered or roll pin? Shielded under handguard? Hell yeah thats absolutely okay! You have nothing to worry about!

Feedback Score
    Ya, youre gtg. IIRC, Robb Jensen did the same thing on a BCM middy some years back and that one was exposed.