Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are CZ pistols such great deals?

Feedback Score

Why are CZ pistols such great deals?

Say you are looking for an all metal gun with threaded barrel, suppressor height night sights, etc.
    CZ will offer something railed or non railed with a good trigger, etc. and a fantastic price.

Look at other brands polymer options, let alone all metal,
    And it is crazy in comparison.

Should a CZ 75 BD have been the military selection back in the 80s. That would have been interesting in those days. I don't think I actually saw and touched one until around 2000.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my P-01, but she's fugly on the inside.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Why?

Not enough advertisement so not many people (compared to other highly advertised guns) knew them. I supposed CZ as well as dealers had to set the price lower than other guns to attract buyers.

I was aware of the original CZ when Jeff Cooper wrote that it's the best non 1911 pistol and how the Bren 10 was inspired by the CZ75. But back in the 70 and 80s, the CZ was pretty much unobtainable. When they started trickling in, the handful that I saw in the early 2000 had very fragile magazines. The images of magazine failures made me lose interests in them. Three years ago I was exposed to the polymer P07 through writings by our own C4Grant and also by trainer Mike Pannone. They had such great things to say about the CZ that I bit the bullet and bought my first 07. I was pleasantly surprised at the out of the box accuracy and performance of the $400 plastic gun.

I know some people looked down on the inexpensive price of the CZ and equated that to low quality. Surely a $400 gun is not a good gun, a $600-800 German gun would be better right?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Will all of you guys stop talking about CZs until *after* I buy my SP-01. I need to finish building my RPR this month first. Thank you.

The CZ75 is one of my favorite under the radar 9mms out there. They aren't highly advertised and those who want a CZ, know what they are and seek them out. Who here recommends a CZ as a first gun when compared to a Glock, M&P or P320? I'd bet almost none of us would think CZ first.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No flies on CZ. They're quietly staking claim to some pretty significant ground, like dangerous game rifles and hammer-fired polymer handguns, and expanding into other parts of the market. I think they have the patience, the positioning, and the chops to expand broadly into the US market, especially if we get slapped with massive anti-2A legislation after the next election.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    A really good deal is the 75s with the sickle on it. My friend picked one up to close to 300-$350. No one wants them, lol.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have never even given CZ a thought at all and have never had one in my hands. It appears to be one hell of a pistol for the money. Looking at their sight and the photos/specs, the P-09 tactical and 75 SP-01 tactical look incredible. 21 round mag capacity, threaded barrel, suppressor height night sights among other things.

Is there something I'm missing here besides not owning one? Are their triggers really bad, is the quality sub par? I don't get how they are not eating FN and HK's lunch with the line up of pistols they have. I will have to see if I can order one of these very soon unless someone can give me a valid reason why these aren't worth the money.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The stock triggers do suck. Though the IPSC/USPSA models have great triggers out of the box that can be made greater.

Feedback Score
    If your a trigger guy, adding a czcustom sao trigger is easy and $50. A comp hammer is $70 iirc. I just put the sao in mine when I had it and was a great trigger, I hear the comp hammer takes it into solid 1911 territory but haven't tried one myself.

If you want to experiment with a metal frame da/sa or sao, I'd definately try one out, resale isn't bad at all.

I've since moved away, as I prefer striker guns, but they area lot of fun. I may pick up an sp01 down the road.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have experience with every single model but I find the triggers to be ok. Not great but certainly there are worse. I prefer CZ stock trigger over Beretta and definitely over most HK. This is just out of the box standard models. They are nice guns. I equate them to FN. Both are available in every store but I never see anyone buy one, carry one or even shoot one at the range.

For me personally I don't like the short thin slides and lack of ambidextrous features for a DA/SA gun
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-13-16 at 07:27.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast