Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Gas Ports: Krieger versus Ballistic Advantage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

AR-15 Gas Ports: Krieger versus Ballistic Advantage

AR-15 Gas Ports: Krieger versus Ballistic Advantage

The first bore-scope view shown below shows the gas port on a new Krieger AR-15 barrel. Note the absence of any burrs at the port and the beveled surface leading into the gas port. Also note the whole gas port is positioned in a groove of the barrel; no part of the gas port cuts into a land.

The next bore-scope view shows the gas port (at 6 o’clock) on a new Ballistic Advantage AR-15 barrel, taken from a different angle than that of the Krieger barrel to show the large burr at the gas port. I wasn’t able to remove this burr with a cleaning rod, so it will have to be shot out. Also note that part of the gas port cuts into one of the lands.

This illustrates just one small example of the expertise and time that you’re paying for when buying a top-tier AR-15 barrel.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is not an attack at you personally Molon, but why the hell you you be comparing BA to Krieger? My only guess is showing top tier vs bottom of the line. I would like to see some comparisons between a few top tier brands. I like your reviews and appreciate the time you put into your posts.

I keep hearing about BA like they are the cats pajamas. They are owned by AP and what's that saying about "a picture says a thousand words"? As you can see the "quality" of BA which relates to AP.

Maybe I am just biased because I still have a bad taste in my mouth from AP and am still sore from being bent over.... And my sphincter never returned to normal size after that experience. You get the idea. I'm still wondering why these two brands (as in AP and BA) are "recommended" here by a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    This is not an attack at you personally Molon, but why the hell you you be comparing BA to Krieger? My only guess is showing top tier vs bottom of the line.
    If you look at his other recently started thread you can see he's doing just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post

If you look at his other recently started thread you can see he's doing just that.

Someone with a brain.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AP and BA get recommended alot for budget build and performance requirements which they will easily met. Despite flaw shown in BA bore, it will still shoot wonderfully and exceeding the value of the price which they go for and for many rounds. But still got it's ass blown out of smoke by kreiger.

Great post by molon, love the bevel on kreiger gas port.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will there be a follow up post about the wear differences and affects on accuracy and precision of the two barrels? I don't see the point of this thread without that.

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much for taking your time and expense to bring us this kind of information. Most of us would never know these facts/issues without your help.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post

Will there be a follow up post about the wear differences and affects on accuracy and precision of the two barrels?

There was going to be, but from now on I'll let you get your first-hand technical data from ****tards like Skyyr. I'm sure that the wealth of first-hand technical data that he will contribute to this website will be breathtaking. Or not.

Last edited by Molon; 07-16-16 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    There was going to be, but from now on I'll let you get your first-hand technical data from ****tards like Skyyr. I'm sure that the wealth of first-hand technical data that he will contribute to this website will be breathtaking. Or not.

I thank you for at least intending to more completely compare and contrast the two barrels and hope that you reconsider so as to complete the thread for others that do and will value it.

I meant no offense with my post and intended no debate, I simply was hoping that an 'end result' of these barrels' accuracy and precision as well as reliable functioning of the gas system and longevity due to their differences would be forthcoming. Nothing more.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-16-16 at 14:21. Reason: forgot functioning and longevity.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post

Dammit! Please don't tell me that we've run off another highly valued member.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast