Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC 45 Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Talk to B&T about this gun. Apparently there is a spring tensioning issue with the mag springs (not the gun or the mag body itself). B&T is working on getting some new springs out (which will be free to everyone with a 45 Mag).

As I know more, I will keep everyone updated.

C4
    Please do. I haven't shot all of my mags yet, but a couple wouldn't engage the BHO after the last round was fired. That said unsuppressed/suppressed I haven't had any feeding, or extraction issues with either my APC9, or 45. I can't wait for the F1s to get approved. They are both very sweet shooters.

Fiocchi 158gr 9mm ball
    Federal 147gr HST JHP

Fiocchi 220gr .45 ball
    Federal 220 HST .45 JHP
    Last edited by 262; 12-13-16 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 262 View Post
    Please do. I haven't shot all of my mags yet, but a couple wouldn't engage the BHO after the last round was fired. That said unsuppressed/suppressed I haven't had any feeding, or extraction issues with either my APC9, or 45. I can't wait for the F1s to get approved. They are both very sweet shooters.

Fiocchi 158gr 9mm ball
    Federal 147gr HST JHP

Fiocchi 220gr .45 ball
    Federal 220 HST .45 JHP
    Yeah, give B&T a call. Glad you didn't have any major issues with the 45.

But I have to ask, why would you form 1 a firearm that isn't engaging the BHO? Granted it's not a major functional concern, and is probably mag related, but for anything to get a stamp in my book, it has to be 100%. I have 3,000 rounds through the Vector proving it and I just mailed my form 1 last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    Yeah, give B&T a call. Glad you didn't have any major issues with the 45.

But I have to ask, why would you form 1 a firearm that isn't engaging the BHO? Granted it's not a major functional concern, and is probably mag related, but for anything to get a stamp in my book, it has to be 100%. I have 3,000 rounds through the Vector proving it and I just mailed my form 1 last week.
    I have 10 mags for each gun. On that trip to the range I only brought four. Of those four magazines only 2 seemed to fail engaging the BHO. Of those 2 it only happened once with each mag. I loaded up all four mags twice. So it wasn't consistent (granted small sample size), and I think shooting it as a pistol contributes to the likelihood of malfunctions.

Worst case I would either have NFA branch update the serial on the form, or I'd cancel that submission and mail off another package.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Did anyone else have good or bad experiances with the APC 45? Did anyone get the updated mag springs and if so, did they fix the issues?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
    Did anyone else have good or bad experiances with the APC 45? Did anyone get the updated mag springs and if so, did they fix the issues?
    For what it's worth, I haven't seen any reviews specifically of the APC 45. I've seen mention of it in forums, instagram pics, and promotional videos, but no one reviewing the weapon. No mention either of updated mag springs either.

I really did like everything the APC 45 brought to the table and I will buy one in the future once the 45 has the same reputation that the APC 9 has. Paraphrasing both what Tim and Grant said, they seem to sell pretty well and there are a lot out there in the wild, but I can't for the life of me figure out why no individual has done a review or at least posted a video of it shooting. Maybe all those other APC 45 owners think it's just too pretty to shoot..
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Checking in to see if anyone has updated info about their APC 45? I actually have both an APC 9 and APC 45 and shot them both for the first time yesterday. The APC 9 ran flawlessly but I did encounter an issue with the 45. I'll contact B&T US and report back.

Last edited by RMF; 04-04-17 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMF View Post
    Checking in to see if anyone has updated info about their APC 45? I actually have both an APC 9 and APC 45 and shot them both for the first time yesterday. The APC 9 ran flawlessly but I did encounter an issue with the 45. I'll contact B&T US and report back.

Been researching the APC45 and was actually planing to buy one from Grant (best prices on the net). Found this thread just now and see a second person has an issue. My concern is if the $>100 mag is the issue, how do I know that a mag I purchase will be one of the newer ones with the upgraded spring?
    There seems to be a good bit of internet noise about lack of reliability of the APC45, but thus far, this is the only actual review of a customer with issues (amd5007). So, I'm trying to figure out it's a one off even everyone keeps repeating or if there are others with reliability, ammo sensitivity, and BHO issues (those seem to be themes).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    Been researching the APC45 and was actually planing to buy one from Grant (best prices on the net). Found this thread just now and see a second person has an issue. My concern is if the $>100 mag is the issue, how do I know that a mag I purchase will be one of the newer ones with the upgraded spring?
    There seems to be a good bit of internet noise about lack of reliability of the APC45, but thus far, this is the only actual review of a customer with issues (amd5007). So, I'm trying to figure out it's a one off even everyone keeps repeating or if there are others with reliability, ammo sensitivity, and BHO issues (those seem to be themes).
    I did encounter what appeared to be magazine issues with my new APC45. I've contacted B&T and they are sending me the new mag springs. I've also encountered another issue that I'll report back on once it's resolved. I will say they B&T have been very responsive so far and I'm looking forward to having everything resolved and getting my APC 45 back to the range.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMF View Post
    I did encounter what appeared to be magazine issues with my new APC45. I've contacted B&T and they are sending me the new mag springs. I've also encountered another issue that I'll report back on once it's resolved. I will say they B&T have been very responsive so far and I'm looking forward to having everything resolved and getting my APC 45 back to the range.
    OK, thanks - that's helpful.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast