Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC 45 Review

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I know patience isn't a virtue for Americans any more, but it is pretty normal to wait weeks when you send a problem gun back to companies like Glock, SIG, Colt, etc.

The consumer is also welcome to call the B&T directly if the US option is unavailable.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grant, you have to admit, waiting a couple weeks for a repaired gun is one thing. But playing phone tag trying to catch a guy in between meetings and flying around the country to hammer out details about suppressor production is another.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amd5007 View Post
    Grant, you have to admit, waiting a couple weeks for a repaired gun is one thing. But playing phone tag trying to catch a guy in between meetings and flying around the country to hammer out details about suppressor production is another.
    I do t think so. Then again, I have taken weeks to resolve a problem with a customer before.

If I were you, I don't think I would complain about a single thing (free Aimpoint and were refunded MORE than you paid for the gun).

C4

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I do t think so. Then again, I have taken weeks to resolve a problem with a customer before.

If I were you, I don't think I would complain about a single thing (free Aimpoint and were refunded MORE than you paid for the gun).

C4

I was refunded exactly what was on the invoice nothing MORE than I paid. Yes, I did get an aimpoint out of it but I spent the cost of an aimpoint in all the ammo I bought for the two faulty APCs. So I broke even in the deal.

I'm not complaining now. And where my previous complaints were based on misunderstandings I freely edited or redacted what I wrote. I was able to walk away from this clean. I realize not many people are so lucky.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

B&T APC 45 Review

I was refunded exactly what was on the invoice nothing MORE than I paid. Yes, I did get an aimpoint out of it but I spent the cost of an aimpoint in all the ammo I bought for the two faulty APCs. So I broke even in the deal.

I'm not complaining now. And where my previous complaints were based on misunderstandings I freely edited or redacted what I wrote. I was able to walk away from this clean. I realize not many people are so lucky.
    So you didn't get any discounts from your dealer (friend) on the gun? Ok, sure.

Shooting a gun (even if it malfunctions) isn't the same as throwing ammo in the trash. So no, a free Aimpoint isn't breaking even. No other gun company has EVER done anything like that in all my years I have been on gun forums and as an FFL.

C4

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    So you didn't get any discounts from your dealer (friend) on the gun? Ok, sure.

Shooting a gun (even if it malfunctions) isn't the same as throwing ammo in the trash. So no, a free Aimpoint isn't breaking even. No other gun company has EVER done anything like that in all my years I have been on gun forums and as an FFL.

C4

I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers over this.

Yes, I got a discounted rate (dealer cost + shipping fees). All of this was on the invoice I received from him. A copy of the invoice was shipped back with the 2nd APC. Tim in turn wrote me a check for the invoiced amount minus the cost of the B&T stock, which my dealer bought off me.

So yes, I received a discount.

No, I didn't receive anything extra monetarily on top of that.

Yes, I received an aimpoint which was originally offered to me for my trouble with the first APC, but was not included with the 2nd APC and only came with my refund.

Another member on this forum also received a refund for his faulty APC. He however did not receive an aimpoint. So shipping out aimpoints to customers who have issues with their products is not B&T's usual course of action.

All of these details were spelled out in my previous posts in this thread (minus the other member's experience).

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

B&T APC 45 Review

I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers over this.

Yes, I got a discounted rate (dealer cost + shipping fees). All of this was on the invoice I received from him. A copy of the invoice was shipped back with the 2nd APC. Tim in turn wrote me a check for the invoiced amount minus the cost of the B&T stock, which my dealer bought off me.

So yes, I received a discount.

No, I didn't receive anything extra monetarily on top of that.

Yes, I received an aimpoint which was originally offered to me for my trouble with the first APC, but was not included with the 2nd APC and only came with my refund.

Another member on this forum also received a refund for his faulty APC. He however did not receive an aimpoint. So shipping out aimpoints to customers who have issues with their products is not B&T's usual course of action.

All of these details were spelled out in my previous posts in this thread (minus the other member's experience).
    No feathers ruffled, but we are fans of the truth. The APC45's MAP is $2200. What did you pay??

To be clear, there is NOTHING wrong with the APC45. It is strictly a mag spring tension issue (which has been resolved).

Yes, B&T is the ONLY company I have ever seen fully refund people and give them an Aimpoint. That is way above and beyond IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    No feathers ruffled, but we are fans of the truth. The APC45's MAP is $2200. What did you pay??

To be clear, there is NOTHING wrong with the APC45. It is strictly a mag spring tension issue (which has been resolved).

Yes, B&T is the ONLY company I have ever seen fully refund people and give them an Aimpoint. That is way above and beyond IMHO.

C4

Any other questions? I also have a photo of the check Tim sent me, should I post a photo of that as well just so you can match up the numbers??

It seems to me that you're trying to poke holes in my story and scrutinize every detail, so yet again I apologize if I've ruffled your feathers.

Feedback Score
    I believe 1999 is the Map price or at least that's what my dealer told me when I bought one.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotor tuner View Post
    I believe 1999 is the Map price or at least that's what my dealer told me when I bought one.
    No. There is a new MAP.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    As a consumer I can tell you for a fact that it is a problem. If I spend thousands of dollars on a product and it is defective I should not have to play phone tag or wait weeks to get it resolved. Companies that place a high priority on customer service should always have a competent representative available to resolve issues during normal business hours. That is just good business. I understand that realistically is not always possible as a new business gets off the ground but that should be the goal.
    This sounds reasonable to me as a consumer.

I know patience isn't a virtue for Americans any more, but it is pretty normal to wait weeks when you send a problem gun back to companies like Glock, SIG, Colt, etc.

The consumer is also welcome to call the B&T directly if the US option is unavailable.

C4

For me, my level of patience goes down, as the product price goes up.

C4

Add Vortex to them, I bought a Strike Eagle from a vendor, had an issue and called Vortex CS.

They sent me a shipping label, and when they received the optic, agreed with me
    and sent me a check for the full amount including shipping. No Aimpoint though.......... just kidding

That was a great CS gesture on the part of B&T

Never seen anything like it.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast