Page 115 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1282

Thread: Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    I don't shoot Glock as much as I used to, but still carry one. I've been shooting VP9s for both competition and recreationally. When I heard Gen 5 Glocks were coming I hoped like crazy they would have forward serrations. I don't see why Glock doesn't seem to put two and two together and realize that the MOS needs FS more than any other model. If/when Glock comes up with a Gen 5 MOS/FS I will buy one. Until then, Glock doesn't interest me all that much...I've got an RM06 NIB waiting to go on what my next carry gun will be. If it's nothing new my extra carry or G34 will get it, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I agree. I wished they would've released the Gen5 with Front Serrations as standard, personally. But when the MOS Gen5 comes out, it better freakin' have FS. I still like my G19.5 enough that I'm willing to keep this one, as is, without FS nor an Optic. For me, it was enough to bring me back into owning a Glock. When a 19.5 MOS w/ FS comes out, you better believe I'm buying it and putting an RMR2 on it simultaneously LOL.
    Last edited by HD1911; 10-18-17 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    I bet Cz hopes it is in terms of units sold. The Glock 17/19 are probably the most common pistols in the United States And quite possibly the world.

We are lucky to have so many choices to spend our money on these days. How boring the shooting world would be if all we could buy was one model of pistol from one manufacturer.
    I disagree. If there were only 9mm Glocks and 5.56 ARs we would see people being way more proficient and actually shooting the gun instead of just stuffing new and neat junk in the safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I disagree. If there were only 9mm Glocks and 5.56 ARs we would see people being way more proficient and actually shooting the gun instead of just stuffing new and neat junk in the safe.
    I don't think it would matter. People who shoot will continue despite what's in the safe. I have plenty of friends with one rifle and one handgun and the original 3 boxes of ammo they bought a decade ago.

As for the "new and neat junk". I think many guns in Glock category are as reliable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What works for you doesn't always work for everyone else...and that's ok. We get it, you love the G19 and your 6920s. Minimalist, brah. I'm tired of seeing this shit spouted every time someone has a question that doesn't pertain to a Glock or a Colt. Irritates the shit out of me. Just because it's not Glock or Colt doesn't mean it's "junk." Hate to break it to you, but the gun world *is* larger than just Glock and Colt. I like Glocks, own a few, but they aren't the end-all, be-all of pistols. I personally prefer Beretta TDA pistols to anything else in my safe...does that mean they're junk? I shoot them better than Glock and prefer everything about them to my Glocks.

Same argument regarding the Colt fanaticism. I like my Colt ARs, but if I had to choose between my 6920 and my SR-15, I'd pick the SR-15 every time, even with it being double the cost.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 10-18-17 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    What works for you doesn't always work for everyone else...and that's ok. We get it, you love the G19 and your 6920s. Minimalist, brah. I'm tired of seeing this shit spouted every time someone has a question that doesn't pertain to a Glock or a Colt. Irritates the shit out of me. Just because it's not Glock or Colt doesn't mean it's "junk." Hate to break it to you, but the gun world *is* larger than just Glock and Colt. I like Glocks, own a few, but they aren't the end-all, be-all of pistols. I personally prefer Beretta TDA pistols to anything else in my safe...does that mean they're junk? I shoot them better than Glock and prefer everything about them to my Glocks.

Same argument regarding the Colt fanaticism. I like my Colt ARs, but if I had to choose between my 6920 and my SR-15, I'd pick the SR-15 every time, even with it being double the cost.
    I agree with above statement. The gen 5 brought me back to Glock. Mostly because as a system it is the most available and least expensive. I love the simplicity and the weight to size ratio. But there are other guns out there that are DAMN good guns. I just sold my px4cc. I loved that gun. Best tda gun I have shot. But for me the cost of ownership and tda trigger system was not one I wanted to stay in. But man if you want a tda. You really need to try it. I also just spent time with a p-10c. Was a really nice gun and shot well. Just did not do better for me then what a Glock would.

We all have our reasons for why we like what we like. Or why we shoot a better then b. Glock did a great job with the gen 5. I am very happy with my purchase. But it is not necessarily the most ergonomic or best shooting gun I have owned. It is the ultimate average gun though. Checks every box I need vs exceeding in some and failing in others.

(Needs scd though)

Last edited by bear13; 10-18-17 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    But man if you want a tda. You really need to try it. I also just spent time with a p-10c. Was a really nice gun and shot well. Just did not do better for me then what a Glock would... We all have our reasons for why we like what we like.
    That’s one of the reasons I think this site is better than the other one...you’re basically a pariah there if you don’t sing the Glock/Colt song. People excel with different platforms for different reasons.

If buying a Hi Point and the cheapest steel case ammo gets you to shoot, more power to you. If you like a Glock for parts availability, a CZ for ergonomics, a 1911 for trigger, or a Beretta for buttery smoothness, then great. You pick the platform that works for you, learn it, shoot it, train it, and rock on.

Feedback Score

Cz has a new model - Cz P10 C

I think what Euro is getting at is many are chasing the holy grail of firearms and switch platforms constantly never become proficient with one. If you aren't proficient with anything, pick a Glock and Colt until you are, then you'll know what may suit you better.

There is no holy grail. There are certain guns better for certain people. I mostly shoot my VP9s as I'm fastest on reloads and tend to shoot them slightly better, but I do carry a RDS-equipped Glock. Because of similarity to the Glock, I'm very interested in CZ striker guns.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Let's assume for a moment that this happened.

We went back to 1985 and Glock's model 17 has just launched. And to coincide with that launch, every other automatic handgun on the planet disappears. No BHPs, no SiGs, no Berettas, no 1911s, no P-38s, no Lugers, nothing. Your choice is a Glock. Or nothing.

Now fastforward to 2017, 32 years later. There is no Gen5. There was never a Gen4, a Gen3, or even a Gen2. There was never a reason for Glock to improve their frame texture. There was never a reason for them to improve the frame's durability. Never any pressure to modify the frame to accept weapon-mounted lights and other accessories. They have no reason to make them any more accurate than a Hi-Point from our non-magic universe. They have no reason to improve the triggers. They have no reason to mitigate BTF - indeed, no reason to make their pistols as reliable as modern autoloaders. Nor do they need to make their handguns competitively priced, $1000 or more is now the price of entry. What are you going to do? Buy nothing?

In this world, professional users would have two choices: Either buy a Glock and send it to somebody like Salient, Agency, or ZEV (a Vickers Glock wouldn't be a pistol with nice sights and a funny frame texture, it would be a Glock that Larry Vickers has personally worked over himself - and would cost an amount commensurate with any of the 1911s he's built) or buy a revolver. Assuming that revolvers still existed.

If they did, everybody would be shooting revolvers, except for the high speed, low drag types and folks with lots of money. Colt, S&W, and Ruger would have to compete with each other to offer the best triggers, the most accurate revolvers. And so you'd either spend $800-1000 on a wheelgun or $2000+ on a tricked-out Glock.

And in this world, it would be 38 Special versus 357 Mag versus 41 Mag versus 44 Special versus 45 Colt. Five-shot pocket rockets versus five-shot medium frame 44 Specials and 41 Magnums versus six- and seven-shot medium frame 38s and 357s and the occasional person managing to stuff an eight-shot 357 or six-shot 41 Mag, 44 Mag, or 45 Colt handcannon in their pants.

IOW, you haven't fixed the problem. You just transferred it. Amplified it by a factor of four or five. And made life worse for the rest of us.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanCarbine View Post
    No bueno.

I had this issue happen to my P10c at the range on Monday. I bought the pistol three weeks ago, and I have roughly 700 rounds through it.

At about 500 rounds I got a failure to go into battery. I dropped the magazine, racked the slide, and it still would not go into battery on an empty chamber. I had to rack the slide three or four more times before it would go into battery. After that I inserted a fresh magazine, and the pistol continued to function normally.

I called CZ today after seeing the video you posted and told the rep what happened to me on Monday. He told me I was the first person to call them with this issue. I mentioned the Omaha Outdoors video to him, and he said: that they were aware of the video; that they considered it an anomaly because the gun in the video had been totally disassembled and modified by someone that was not approved by CZ to do the work; that they were working on a new striker sleeve that would keep the striker from rotating. He also told me they have a 4-6 week lead time, which is pretty much what every manufacturer will say regarding warranty work.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    I had this issue happen to my P10c at the range on Monday. I bought the pistol three weeks ago, and I have roughly 700 rounds through it.

At about 500 rounds I got a failure to go into battery. I dropped the magazine, racked the slide, and it still would not go into battery on an empty chamber. I had to rack the slide three or four more times before it would go into battery. After that I inserted a fresh magazine, and the pistol continued to function normally.

I called CZ today after seeing the video you posted and told the rep what happened to me on Monday. He told me I was the first person to call them with this issue. I mentioned the Omaha Outdoors video to him, and he said: that they were aware of the video; that they considered it an anomaly because the gun in the video had been totally disassembled and modified by someone that was not approved by CZ to do the work; that they were working on a new striker sleeve that would keep the striker from rotating. He also told me they have a 4-6 week lead time, which is pretty much what every manufacturer will say regarding warranty work.
    First person to call them about this issue huh? An anomaly huh?

Yet they are working on a new striker sleeve for an anomaly. LOL Why is it that manufactures first response is to lie and cover their asses???

Page 115 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast