Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk "Roland Special"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not familiar with shooting a pistol with a commentator and I am wondering how much difference it would make in a case like this?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You must not have used a shop that was very good at it then.
    Just dealing with factory applied finishes.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Settled on what I'll use to build my version of this.
    •Gen 4 G19
    •SilencerCo barrel
    •TBRCi micro comp
    •Trijicon RMR 06
    •Agency magwell
    •Surefire U-boat

I'm going to try the stock RSA at first but I imagine that'll have to be swapped out too. Also sticking with the stock trigger/ "-" connector as I have 20k+ rounds on this gun and it feels great. I'm definitely excited about this concept.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
    •Gen 4 G19
    •SilencerCo barrel
    •TBRCi micro comp
    •Trijicon RMR 06
    •Agency magwell
    •Surefire U-boat

I'm going to try the stock RSA at first but I imagine that'll have to be swapped out too. Also sticking with the stock trigger/ "-" connector as I have 20k+ rounds on this gun and it feels great. I'm definitely excited about this concept.

Any reason for the SiCo barrel? And I'm assuming you'll be getting it milled?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Any reason for the SiCo barrel? And I'm assuming you'll be getting it milled?
    I had it laying around. I've heard decent things. I figure I'll find out quickly if I don't like it and sell it.
    Getting it milled. I've had John Williams at DDC Firearms in Commifornia do my glocks in the past previously and I've been very pleased with his work and extremely quick turnaround.

Last edited by Hayseed; 12-18-16 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can have the slide refinished. I'm also pretty sure that's what you are supposed to do.
    Agreed. I bought mine used and this had not been done.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
    •Gen 4 G19
    •SilencerCo barrel
    •TBRCi micro comp
    •Trijicon RMR 06
    •Agency magwell
    •Surefire U-boat

I believe the prototype and the guns run by DocGKR (and friends) have similar trigger set-ups, being either factory minus connectors or ghost connectors.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Freedom 9mm 124 gr will NOT cycle the comp'd pistol with a factory RSA. (Current ammo I run in my open gun with a 13lb spring in place of the factory spring.)

Hornady 9mm 135 gr Critical Duty will run just fine with my factory RSA. (Current carry ammo. Granted, I don't carry this pistol, but I did shoot it to see how well it worked.)

Never fired it without ear pro, but I'm guessing if you're pulling your pistol to engage a threat without ear pro, your hearing only matters if you remain alive. Nobody at the range complains about it, and if you've ever shot a wheel gun in a magnum caliber, they're the real beasts with noise...
    Yeah , I accidentally forgot to put in my right plug and shot my .357 gp100 with 180g federal hardcast ONCE. It rang for at least an hour.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Good news for the Safariland fans. I emailed holsterops to see whether the 6354DO or their custom cut down 7TS would be easier to modify for the Atom slide or any other that places the BUIS in front of the optic. They said the 7TS definitely won't work and the current 6354 would still need some modifying, but that there are new versions of the 6354DO being released this year that are being designed to accept almost all RMR equipped guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Wake! looking for ward to new Safariland duty options

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast