Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defective lower, but replacement not allowed?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would be very interested to see who the manufacturer is on this.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It appears you don't want to out the manufacturer but if they are from Oregon good luck.....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatorangecat View Post
    I had a forged lower replaced by the manufacturer. They mailed a new lower with a different serial number directly to me. Not sure about the legality of it but I can't imagine a company doing anything that would jeopardize their business.

This is also correct. I have had both Colt and Remington send me new guns with different serial number to replace a defective gun.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is what happens when you buy fly by night lowers on the internet.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't understand why they will not send you a new lower with a new serial number. Perfectly legal and I've had defective guns replaced in this manner sent directly to me.

On the other hand, ATF no longer allows a defective lower to be destroyed and the same serial number reissued. I know this because I had factory SBR (from a very reputable manufacturer) with a defective lower. I worked with their ATF compliance rep to figure out the replacement plan and the same serial number on a new receiver was not an option. The regs had changed. And, it was not specific to NFA items.

Keeping pushing for a replacement. You're getting the runaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Sure, I have a Dremel and can grind out some aluminum (or grind down the hammer), but I shouldn't have to...

Oh, oh, oh! Go for it!

You can be in the Gunsmithing Hall of Shame!

Feedback Score
    Hey guys. I am not too keen on disclosing who made the lower (just yet) because I am still trying to figure out if I am some sort of outlier or if this is the usual way they handle situations like this. As mentioned in the OP, I am trying to focus on the legality of the getting the lower replaced because that was the hurdle they threw up. The forum's advice on that pretty much turned the tide for this situation, and I am very grateful for that.

Since yesterday, I've heard back and the tone is changing for the better. However, I am being told that I'll need to go through my FFL in order to obtain a replacement. What this means to me is the cost to ship the old one back and also pay for the transfer fees. Not exactly ideal, but better than nothing I suppose. Currently, I am trying to leverage the shipping cost to them for the inconvenience.

ETA: They are paying for the return shipping. The CSR apologized for dropping the ball on this, and it looks like they are going to make it right. I will confirm when all is said and done. Cheers, guys.
    Last edited by tehpwnag3; 01-19-17 at 09:26. Reason: update

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They're still wrong about the FFL. As already stated they can destroy the original and reissue the SN on a replacement lower - and send it to you directly. Hopefully your FFL will give you a break since you originally bought it through them. Good luck and keep us posted.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They can destroy the lower, give you a new lower with different SN, add the new info about the change of SN to their log book for SN and ship the lower directly to you. Glock sent me a replacement pistol this way.

Hopefully you get it replaced.
    Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    I don't get why you don't tell us who this company is. They are dicking around with you and you should let others know so they can be spared from a potential bad lower and bad customer service as well. People are quick to jump on any budget brand about how shitty they are even when they honor their warranties and fix the problem, but once a "premium" company rolls around with a problem, if that's the case, everyone is hush hush about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast