Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Are you guys saying if 6.8 SPC1 ammo and barrels were to finally disappear (since they never should've existed anyway since apparently Remington submitted to SAAMI an incorrect chamber spec instead of the proper, as designed SPC2 chamber spec) and only SPC2 barrels and ammo loaded to safe factory specs existed that there would be minimal gains in velocity and energy?
    I'm saying that Western Powders loaded ammo to a known pressure in a SAAMI chamber and then tested the same ammo in a SPCII chamber.

There was quite a thread on it over on 6.8 Forum some years back. Tests were done my Johan Loubser when he was ballistician for Western.

Bottom line was Western found no real performance difference between the two chambers.

Edit to insert link to some info:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

The truth about 6.8 SPC SAAMI vs SPC-II.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-01-17 at 17:33.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks like I have a refund worked out with the fellow who sold me the barrel. I'll get the upper pulled apart and get things in the mail ASAP. I'm glad he was good enough to give me my money back.

The plan now is to wait a few weeks for MDWS to get some new barrels in.

I'm not opposed to the idea of the adjustable gas block but would prefer to start with a barrel and port that's closer to ideal and then tune or adjust accordingly.

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-03-17 at 08:00.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alright. Mad Dog Weapons received another barrel. Order placed. Update shortly...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Did I miss the comment that explains what was wrong with the other barrel? Reading between the lines it looked overgassed. Is that the only problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Did I miss the comment that explains what was wrong with the other barrel? Reading between the lines it looked overgassed. Is that the only problem?
    Yes. Bought used off another forum. Barrel was supposed to be like new with 50 or so rounds fired.

Barrel arrived with spots of white paint from overspray that cleaned off in Ultrasonic. Assembled rifle shot well but was overgassed. MDWS and their barrel maker swore it was not shipped with 1/8th inch gas port.

Seller denied drilling port but refunded my money so all is good. No harm no foul.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The new barrel arrived today from Mad Dog. This one has a port that's between .073-.076 based on the available drill bits.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Something else that came in the mail. Gotta love Gunbroker!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Too bad the 90gr Gold Dots are unobtainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Something else that came in the mail. Gotta love Gunbroker!
    Nice score of unobtanium!
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What a Boss!!

Let us know what kinda velocity you get out of those and 100 yard accuracy?

Also do you know the case capacity difference between 300 bulk and 277? It looks significant in pictures of the two rounds.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    What a Boss!!

Let us know what kinda velocity you get out of those and 100 yard accuracy?

Also do you know the case capacity difference between 300 bulk and 277? It looks significant in pictures of the two rounds.
    I'll get some of these loaded and shot ASAP. I also have some of the Nosler bonded to compare. The Nosler is almost a round nose and I still have my doubts about feeding.

I guess we should start pestering Speer and see if we can't get them to sell a component version of the 90gr Gold Dot. I'm sure the 6.8 SPC crowd would happily join in. Speer has a couple lighter bullet offerings but they're meant for varmints.

Also I will get some comparative measurements on case capacity.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast