Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Most un-reliable handgun you've ever owned...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Gen 5 G19 I borrowed from Euro

Feedback Score
    AMT backup .380

little more than a magazine fed slide action pistol, wouldn't feed or eject, period.

Feedback Score
    Glock 17 and a Rossi 38spl

The Glock 17 would jammed more than any auto I've ever owned (besides a 1911 Off with aggresive HP) and it wasn't very accurate.
    Then Rossi 38 I inheireted and it would only work in double action on 3 of the 5 cylinders. Worked great if you cocked the hammer every time, so I just treated it as a single action and used it as a boat gun.
    Last edited by jake545; 10-31-17 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colesteele View Post
    Springfield 1911 V10 Ultra Compact. Would not chamber brass ammo. Tried everything from polishing the chamber to changing out recoil springs and nothing seem to remedy the problem. I must admit, begrudgingly, it was a step down from the S&W Sigma 9 that I traded it for. I have since traded it in on a Vicars Glock 19.

I would echo the assessment of the Sig Mosquito, but I expected that with a .22 semi-auto.
    I have the same V10 Ultra Compact and a full length guide rod from Wilson Combat along with a new recoil spring and polishing the ramp solved all the feeding issues I had, other than extremely widemouthed HP ammo.
    Last edited by jake545; 10-31-17 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sig Mosquito. Biggest POS in history. No fix even after pouring $$ into it to fix it. Won’t run any ammo out there period. I’m going to throw it in the trash 1 piece at a time and torch the frame...someday.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Sig Mosquito. Biggest POS in history. No fix even after pouring $$ into it to fix it. Won’t run any ammo out there period. I’m going to throw it in the trash 1 piece at a time and torch the frame...someday.
    Please put it in my trash can whole.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Can't really say i've owned an unreliable handgun out of all the ones i've owned. I run by the motto you pay for what you get so, I would rather spend a little extra for the peace of mind.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    B&T APC 45! 2 of them! yep I have a whole thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nixorz View Post
    Can't really say i've owned an unreliable handgun out of all the ones i've owned. I run by the motto you pay for what you get so, I would rather spend a little extra for the peace of mind.
    I bet the Kimber owners in this thread felt like you do till they brought home an$800-1300 jam o matic... Not that they all are, Keep in mind that there are $100 hi points with better track records than some high dollar guns

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    The real top two are:

A 1980 mfg Browning High Power. Jammed from the word go. I finally fixed it myself years later via a Cylinder and Slide extractor I bought straight off Bill Laughridge of Cylinder and Slide back when they set up at the Tulsa, Ok Wanenmacher shows. Fixed it twenty years after I retired it. But it was a Christmas present from my parents in '84. Thanks to my Mom.

Second one, and really the worst one, was a Detonics combat master. Got it at a Wanenmacher show and was pretty proud. One of the very first ones built. Ended up being three pages of legal pad of breakage and failures. Thank God one of my buds at the time was a welder and could weld the magazine base back on that blew off one range session, leaving me with no magazine for a long out of production gun.

An RG .22 revolver the bore wasn't even centered in the barrel in.

After that was a laundry list of Smith and Wesson revolvers that could never be put back in time. Not even by the factory.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast