Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Powder Measure Opinions

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    You mean the "Chargemaster Lite," right?

What's the difference between that and the regular Chargermaster (that's twice as expensive)?
    I don't know the difference between them but I got my Chargemaster, not lite, for under $250.

Feedback Score
    On this page, the one on the right, correct?

http://rcbs.com/Products/Powder-Meas...lectronic.aspx

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No.

Chargemaster combo. Not Chargemaster light.

It's currently $269 at Nachez.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I got my chargemaster for $225-$250. I bought it on sale and RCBS had a rebate. They usually have a rebate every year so if you can wait you will save approximately $50 via mail in rebate. I like mine, it’s seen a lot of use.

The only the one I would have went with instead was the PACT dispenser which was around $500-600 if I remember correctly. But I don’t think it’s in current production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Definitely like the chargemaster. RCBS runs rebates frequently that you can stack with retailer discount codes and active junky. Mine was well under $200.

Using it, be consistent if you are going to use the swingout sheild or not. It can affect the reading depending on the environment.

Try the soda straw mod or the cleaner insert attachment you can buy on ebay; it helps with extruded powders and throws fewer heavy charges. 4064 you're pretty much SOL no matter what. I have to keep a thin allen wrench next to the chargemaster as 4064 will even bridge in the tube.

Try to place it on a different bench or far away from your press if you want to keep working while it is trickling. Operating a high leverage press, even if it is a 4x4 bench anchored to a slab and cinder walls, can stop the trickle process if it is close.

Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    A chargemaster isn't the answer. Two Chargemasters is the answer. I know I'm really thinking about a second one so I can run them concurrently and always have a charge ready to go. I seat my bullet while the chargemaster works and I can out run it.
    I have also thought about doing this. It's definitely the slow part of the process.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrs View Post
    I have to keep a thin allen wrench next to the chargemaster as 4064 will even bridge in the tube.
    Wow. I've never had that one happen. 4064 is definitely not meter friendly stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I worked up some test loads for a new barrel last night, and plugged my Chargemaster into the line conditioner that I use on my FX 120i scale (I rough throw charges with the Chargemaster then trickle up on the FX 120i).

Until this point I never bothered to run the Chargemaster on the line conditioner, as I was only using it for a rough charge.

On the line conditioner, the Chargemaster was easily twice as accurate as before. This is with the same powder I usually use (N130), over countless thousands of charges, so I know what range of weights to expect from the Chargemaster. That range of charge weights was easily halved by the line conditioner.

I still got the occasional overcharge, nothing to be done about that.

I firmly believe that for 99.9% of people out there loading their own ammo for any type of precision work, the Chargemaster coupled with a line conditioner is just the ticket.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    I firmly believe that for 99.9% of people out there loading their own ammo for any type of precision work, the Chargemaster coupled with a line conditioner is just the ticket.
    That is very interesting. What model of power conditioner do you have?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That is very interesting. What model of power conditioner do you have?
    I use a Tripp Lite LC1200, found on Amazon for sale a while back for $79, usually runs about $90ish. Bought it to protect the FX 120i, definitely won't hurt the Chargemaster.

I can post some numbers or even videos of the difference it makes if people are interested.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks! I'm going to add that to my wish list.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast