Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dang It...Why Do Uppers Grow into Complete Rifles ??? !!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought 2 BCM stripped uppers about a year ago... They are slowly growing up. 1 is my "M4C Equipment Exchange Special", and 1 is a 300BLK 16". Soon they'll need their own lowers. It's a disease for sure, but I don't even want to cure it.

Feedback Score
    Thank goodness magazines don't metastisize into complete rifles....
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    Thank goodness magazines don't metastisize into complete rifles....
    . Actually, I have a 20 round Colt magazine that did just that. Got it when I got my backup 6920, it came with a standard 30 round and a nicely polished 20. Apparently it was for display. I just tossed it in the mag box and forgot about it. My lady found it and well somehow it and some other parts became HER rifle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I got 3 of those colt uppers that were camo dipped. They are slowly becoming projects and likely full rifles XD

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I just don't know what's up with all the frustration lately, brother?

We know Derps will be here, and I know you take the community seriously, to the extent of asking for a ban to grant a forced hiatus for personal mental health and to get shite done. I know this community has failed to uphold the standards it once had that you, and many others, remember. But, most of the users here are still learning. Including myself. A little grace goes a long way.
    The frustration is a result of seeing what really drives the vast majority of gun ownership "the cool factor". These people buy guns to look cool, don't store them properly, and then they get stolen by youths and used to kill police officers, kids, wives, even neighborhood dogs which leads to cries of "We gotta do something about gun violence!" when that guy should probably have never owned a firearm in the first place or could have just stopped building more and more and more and just shot the one he had to become a proficient rifleman and spent the rest of the money on a damn safe.

I just recently got an instagram, and the more I look at "gun stuff" outside of M4C the more I become in favor of a "round-them-all-up" firearm confiscation. M4C is our escape from that BS. When I come here throwing my AR underneath a 4Runner and dragging it through the mud and then some asshole starts talking about Cobalt Kinetics asking how to keep brass marks off his shell deflector I do get frustrated.

Finally, that ban request was actually a result of General Discussion, where apparently only white Christian males can do good and there is an underlying tolerance of racism, colonialism, Nazism, and other tomfoolery that I refuse to be associated with.

"It makes you wonder if, in fact, being a Nazi was such a bad thing"
    -Benito

"Africa and the Americas never even made it to the bronze age before white people settled. If white people never settled, they would still be in the stone age."
    -Scottryan
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...comments/page4
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-23-18 at 07:07.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The frustration is a result of seeing what really drives the vast majority of gun ownership "the cool factor". These people buy guns to look cool,

I jus that BS. When I come here throwing my AR underneath a 4Runner and dragging it through the mud and then some asshole starts talking about Cobalt Kinetics asking how to keep brass marks off his shell deflector I do get frustrated...
    I hear what you're saying, but perhaps there is a bit of confirmation bias (or something) going on.

Perhaps it's not "the vast majority of gun sales" but "the vast majority of forum/Instagram posts", since there's likely a lot of folks out there putting in their range time and dry fire drawing against their shot timer that don't bother posting.

With 15 million modern rifles out there, and a few hundred "what muzzle device looks cool" threads, it stands to reason that most people shoot more than they post, despite the visible derping.

All I'm saying is that much like your sig line "why do the loudest do the least", the loudness is not necessarily representative of what most, or many users actually do.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 02-23-18 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The frustration is a result of seeing what really drives the vast majority of gun ownership "the cool factor". These people buy guns to look cool, don't store them properly, and then they get stolen by youths and used to kill police officers, kids, wives, even neighborhood dogs which leads to cries of "We gotta do something about gun violence!" when that guy should probably have never owned a firearm in the first place or could have just stopped building more and more and more and just shot the one he had to become a proficient rifleman and spent the rest of the money on a damn safe.

I just recently got an instagram, and the more I look at "gun stuff" outside of M4C the more I become in favor of a "round-them-all-up" firearm confiscation. M4C is our escape from that BS. When I come here throwing my AR underneath a 4Runner and dragging it through the mud and then some asshole starts talking about Cobalt Kinetics asking how to keep brass marks off his shell deflector I do get frustrated.

Finally, that ban request was actually a result of General Discussion, where apparently only white Christian males can do good and there is an underlying tolerance of racism, colonialism, Nazism, and other tomfoolery that I refuse to be associated with.

-Benito

"Africa and the Americas never even made it to the bronze age before white people settled. If white people never settled, they would still be in the stone age."
    -Scottryan
    Fair dos, sir. We're all welcome to our frustrations.

I hadn't realized that was the context in which that was requested. Thanks for clarifying as it's eye opening in that regard.

Nonetheless, I hope you know my post was genuine concern/discussion. I didn't mean to push for you to justify those situations in which constituted that hiatus.

Feedback Score

-Benito

-Scottryan
    That's what this is about? Just like with a job you've learned to hate, maybe you should take a break? Sounds like burnout that can only be solved by putting it down for a while. If I felt the way you do about a car, a job, a girlfriend, or an internet board I'd probably want to disassociate myself from that pronto.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

-Benito

-Scottryan

M/Euro: We've been on the outs for a while because I felt you had stopped acting like the smartest guy in Florida and I probably stopped acting like the smartest guy in Kansas.

The fact is that people frequent this site, and own firearms for various reasons. I've gotten several threads closed for deriding those reasons, and I'm trying to move on from that.

People ain't going to fit into the box we want them to. For example, I like to shoot, I like training folks to shoot, I like the process. I have no problem separating force simulation training from shooting. I don't imagine that targets are bad guys when I'm shooting, they are targets.

At work I always tried to wear/use comparable gear to the folks I was working with, I would have felt like a Walter Mitty mofo getting all rigged up with plate carrier and war belt to go shoot on the range after hours. I'm not saying that is absolutely right, just right for me.

Other feel differently, I think for many trainers the whole plate carrier/chest rig thing is a schtick, but, once again, that is just me.

I'm shooting you a pm with my email and phone, reach out if you want.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You made a good decision with the lower you ordered. I don't like switching uppers around. I assemble or buy the upper how I want it. Then I assemble or buy a lower which works best for that upper.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast