Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Lower not compatible with PMAG Gen3

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Being MIL-SPEC and being issued are two different things.

PMAGS are not MILSPEC nor are they STANAG 4179 compliant.
    GenM3 PMags are military issue.

Colt (and FN) rifles are military issue - and are issued with GenM3 PMags.

HK416s and M27s are military issue - and are issued with GenM3 PMags.

SA80 rifles are military issue.

LMT rifles are military issue - and are issued with GenM3 PMags.

BCM rifles are not military issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    On any other accessory I might agree with you, but Pmags are becoming such an industry standard that they are supplanting GI mags in the civilian market. I literally cannot find a gun shop within 50 miles of me that even has any aluminum GI type mags for sale--but everyone has Pmags.
    I can find metal AR-15 magazines locally all day long. I cannot find USGI metal AR-15 magazines. I believe that the current US Army aluminum magazine (designed for use with M855A1) is not available commercially. And it's inferior to the PMag, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Like Grant said, Noveske fixed their problem quickly. I have it bookmarked on this site where it was stated, but it was only serial numbers below 4800 that went out not compatible.
    I had a Noveske Chainsaw "gen 1" lower that I bought last year, was made in 2016 or 2017, that did not get along with my GenM3 PMags. Some of them worked fine, some of them did not. The lower also did not work with any trigger guard but the aluminum folding variety.

I personally will not be buying any lowers that are not made by LMT, Colt, or the Brownell's retro lowers (I've had two and they both work perfectly with GenM3 PMags) - it isn't worth hoping to get lucky with a BCM or Noveske gen1 lower.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Do the Gen 3 30 round Pmags have problems with loading with a closed bolt or failures to pick up the 1st round of a downloaded mag like the 20 round Pmags?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloLarry View Post
    Do the Gen 3 30 round Pmags have problems with loading with a closed bolt or failures to pick up the 1st round of a downloaded mag like the 20 round Pmags?
    I download everything by two rounds. I've seen it with PMAG Gen 3s, I think, when I had a full 30 in there.

Feedback Score
    I see it a lot with the 20s loaded with 2 and 8 rounds

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Do the Gen 3 30 round Pmags have problems with loading with a closed bolt?
    No, 30 round PMAG's outperform aluminum GI mags but I don't believe even the newer aluminum have the closed bolt problem. You are talking a Viet Nam era issue, does anyone really believe that it has not been addressed in the last 50 years?
    Last edited by mack7.62; 04-12-18 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not with my Colt lowers; all gen3 mags (including 10/20/30/40) rounders all seat with a firm push and a nice click when full to max capacity. No issue with dropping bolt and picking up rounds. Hell, I've never had a single mag attributed failure, but that's probably because I rotate thru training mags so much none have reached failure points. I have never downloaded mags, nor have I ever felt the need to with my gen3 mags.
    Last edited by TexasAggie2005; 04-12-18 at 10:24. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    A kid brought a 20 round Pmag to a HP clinic a few weeks ago. I think it was one of the Gen 3s. The thing would not pick up a round from a 2 round load. He had so many problems with it I told him to never use it again. I've tried the earlier Pmags with the same issues. Not worn out POS, but brand new.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread. I recently bought a BCM lower, before I read this thread. I encountered the same issue with the Pmags Gen 3. I kinda wanna try to fix this issue on my own. I was wondering if I file the circled part, please see pic, would it solve the issue?

Would exposing the aluminium after filing compromise the integrity of the lower in any way?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokgai View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread. I recently bought a BCM lower, before I read this thread. I encountered the same issue with the Pmags Gen 3. I kinda wanna try to fix this issue on my own. I was wondering if I file the circled part, please see pic, would it solve the issue?

Would exposing the aluminium after filing compromise the integrity of the lower in any way?
    There is more info on this thread, https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...CM-lower/page8

See page 8 and 9 for some pics. Yes filing the lower will allow you to run the Gen 3 pmags. It will not compromise the lower functionally. If you can do a decent job with the file then hit it with some brownells aluma-hyde or Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black it will look pretty good too.
    Last edited by P2000; 07-08-18 at 01:09.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It’s sad that they still haven’t done anything about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast