Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good lpk?

Feedback Score

Good lpk?

I’m aware there are probably only a hand full of companies that actually make lpk but I’ve never liked DPMS and anything labeled as suck I stay away from. As well as Anderson lpk, see a lot of small parts break.

Most of my lowers have been bcm assembled lowers (bought on sale). What are some good brands?

Say from a budget stand point that is still dependable. Not looking to spend 100each on a lpk. Is it possible to get dependable mill spec trigger w/ lpk that’s dependable for $60/80?

I was looking at the CMMG and Aero Precision (never had either of these)
    http://www.primaryarms.com/aero-prec...kit-aprh100029
    http://www.primaryarms.com/cmmg-comp...it-cmmg55ca6c5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Djstorm100; 03-27-18 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    $60 trigger. Look at ALG defense line of triggers made by Bill Geissele

Feedback Score
    You are probably better off getting a LPK without the trigger/grip and just buy those separate. You can find Kits like that for around $40 and then add the trigger and grip you prefer. Sionics and Sons of liberty offer these and are high quality kits. Geissele just started to offer kits on Brownells as well. Then add an enhanced Milspec trigger such as the ALG, BCM PNT, Sionics enhanced etc. Jobobs has had really good pricing on the Hiperfire EDT line recently and Right to Bear sells a Polished trigger for $40 that is solid and would save a few bucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    $60 trigger. Look at ALG defense line of triggers made by Bill Geissele
    Sorry I meant $60-80 for complete LPK.

Feedback Score
    I would check out sionics on the highere end of your budget at $80 http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...3-carrier.html . It doesn't have a grip, but everyone changes those anyway. It does have their enhanced polished trigger which is really solid and comparable to the ALG ACT and BCM PNT. White Oak also has a Solid Option for $90 with the ALG QMS that includes the grip for $90 https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/sho...-included.html. If you dont want to spend more than $60 I always used to use CMMG and they were not bad
    Last edited by everready73; 03-27-18 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    You are probably better off getting a LPK without the trigger/grip and just buy those separate. You can find Kits like that for around $40 and then add the trigger and grip you prefer. Sionics and Sons of liberty offer these and are high quality kits. Geissele just started to offer kits on Brownells as well. Then add an enhanced Milspec trigger such as the ALG, BCM PNT, Sionics enhanced etc. Jobobs has had really good pricing on the Hiperfire EDT line recently and Right to Bear sells a Polished trigger for $40 that is solid and would save a few bucks.
    How do they compare say to CMMG or Aero? I know Aero doesn't make their parts but I don't know if CMMG does or not.

Feedback Score
    The trigger was much nicer in the Sionics kit which is easily worth the $15 dollar difference compared to the CMMG. I change out my grips so was happy it didnt come with one. Other people might be able to answer the technical differences better, but all the Sionics parts were machined well and i trust them to use high quality parts from previous experience. A lot of the cheaper kits use MIM parts and dont have the proper heat treat or proper milspec materials. I dont know all the specifications, but I tend to go with companies that have a reputation for high quality stuff and that i trust. An Aero or CMMG kit would probably be fine, but i am willing to pay a little bit more for known quality.

Some things to look out for with lower cost kits are
    Bolt catch and safety selector cast vs MIM- Cast is Mil spec
    Aluminium vs steel Mag Buttons- Steel is milspec
    Magazine catch and takedown pivot pins 8620 steel or something cheaper? Are they heat treated and coated properly

A lot of companies are not going to provide this type of info in the description, so i try to go with known quality. Some places will tell you what they use if you call. I am doubting the lower cost options check all the boxes, but if i was on a budget CMMG and Aero would be 2 of my first choices. I have had issues with out of spec parts from when i first got in the platform from Anderson and PSA. I would stay away from the cheapest options
    Last edited by everready73; 03-27-18 at 08:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I almost bought a giessele LPK off of Brownells, and I noticed it’s the DPMS LPK with the ALG trigger. So I went with sionics LPK. I’ve bought g&r LPK, SOLGW, sionics, DD, BCM, and Colts.
    I couldn’t find a quality one in stock on Brownells last week so I ordered two from Sionics. Good quality parts at a fair price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    A lot of the cheaper kits use MIM parts.... An Aero or CMMG kit would probably be fine...

... I am doubting the lower cost options check all the boxes, but if i was on a budget CMMG and Aero would be 2 of my first choices. I have had issues with out of spec parts from when i first got in the platform from Anderson and PSA. I would stay away from the cheapest options
    I’ve had countless parts on a AP rifle that were out of spec. So they sent more parts... that were out of spec. Finally the 3 or 4th time they sent parts that would fit. I think I’ve gone through about 7 or 8 bolt catches from them too. I call and they just send a new one. Basically their parts are just junk. When I asked about this they said the spice the parts out and don’t check for QC. I won’t ever buy anything again from them. Plus I had problems with their CS and got excuse after excuse with them. I had to raise hell before they finally took care of me.

ETA: I had a through review on this AP 308 rifle. It’s still on here but photobucket has my pictures hostage.
    Last edited by ace4059; 03-27-18 at 09:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ll never buy anything from Aero.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast