Page 81 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Count me as one of the guys who shops at VA Arms so I have a pleasant shopping experience and don't have to put up with this sort of crap.
    +1

VA Arms has always been good to me as well.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sgalbra76 View Post
    I already had a head ache, and I was 3 hours overdue for grabbing lunch, so I faked a phone call and left.
    I have GOT to try THAT one, the next time the wife wants sex!!!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    saw this myself this at one of the local shops.

guy behind counter opens up a transfered rifle out of the shipping box.Says hey they shipped this thing loaded!Doesnt clear the weapon and says-Oh well its ready to go rock now.

I left right away and watched the news later to see if anyone got shot there that day
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampam4 View Post
    Was at the local shop the other day, was looking at an eotech flip to side mount for the magnifier. An older gentleman working behind the counter grabbed it for me, started to fondle it and accidentally hit the release button while it was in the upright position (no magnifier in the mount). Damn thing shot out of his hands and nailed a kimber 1911 off the counter. Not a dumb comment, just funny to watch.

To keep it on track, the owner of the shop is supposedly a SEAL poser, but I only heard that from 2nd hand account.
    Which shop was that?
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Regarding the best SD round in .45 ACP...

Counter guy picks up WWB 230gr FMJ and says, "If it's good enough for the Army, it's good enough for me. Nobody can afford to buy those hollowpoints now, anyway." Customer getting this sage "advice" was buying ammo for a Kimber stainless Custom II. Last I checked, those were made sometime post-WWI and ate JHP pretty regularly...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Which shop was that?
    PM sent.
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    I was at our friendly neighborhood fun store when I saw a fully decked out franken tacticool SPR. It looked like the gun the kid who comes from the internet would use.

This thing had everything, but a bayonet. The best part was the suppressor attached to the end of the rifle. Now interestingly enough, suppressors are allowed in our state, but its a crime to fire one thats attached to a weapon. Knowing the law to the capital letter here, I walk up to the dealer.

Me: "Hey, are suppressors legal to fire in this state?"

Dealer: "Well, with it attached whos gonna hear ya?"

Me: "hmmm, good point."

He then proceeded to tell me about his Sheriffs Dept. past and how his son is in the Marines.

Soon after, I made my way to the competing gun store a couple of blocks down.
    I talk to the dealer.

Me: "I want to get a good .22lr that I can suppress, I was thinking about the GSG5." (I knew it was a toy)

Dealer: "Well, thats a POS gun to suppress, just get yourself a nice 10/22."

I agreed and then remembered that it was this guy who years earlier took those primer charged .22 bullets (to show me) and grabbed a rifle of the rack, loaded the chamber, I stepped back, then he turned around and fired at a phone book in a box. The target was littered with holes. I guess it can be boring in a gun store.

I guess the fun store dealers here all have this big secret that they shoot their cans, but do it in private. I could care less thats their right, but when they are advocating to break the law, however dumb it might be to others, it can't do their secret suppressor habbits any good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A guy working the counter at Bass Pro said Smith and Wesson handguns are by far superior pistols than H&K's. I can accept if someone prefers S&W over HK, but someone who tells a potential buyer that S&W is far superior to HK? For one thing, how could anyone say that with a straight face? Secondly wouldn't a salesman want to sell a more expensive handgun in the HK rather than the cheaper S&W?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach31 View Post
    A guy working the counter at Bass Pro said Smith and Wesson handguns are by far superior pistols than H&K's. I can accept if someone prefers S&W over HK, but someone who tells a potential buyer that S&W is far superior to HK? For one thing, how could anyone say that with a straight face? Secondly wouldn't a salesman want to sell a more expensive handgun in the HK rather than the cheaper S&W?
    yeah but the store probably gets more money back on S&W's then H&K's so it makes more sense for them to sell the Smith's
    .. that how we did it at discount tire.. "oh these kumhos are great" cause we make $50 on a $80 tire!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Some guy not brave enough to put his name on it, so he slapped Jefferson's name on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l3mon View Post
    yeah but the store probably gets more money back on S&W's then H&K's so it makes more sense for them to sell the Smith's
    .. that how we did it at discount tire.. "oh these kumhos are great" cause we make $50 on a $80 tire!
    Very good point!!

Page 81 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast