Page 68 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner_5 View Post
    Damn you!!! You made me buy this Lewismaster rifle!!!
    haha nope im not guilty of that one atleast

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the best way to avoid ever giving out "bad" advice is to do what i do.. just recommend BCM carbines and Glock pistols, regardless of anything.

"which tennis shoe looks like it gives better ankle support?"
    "i don't know, dude.. just get the g17."

Always the right call.
    although you are absolutely right, i would have been fired in a day... humm maybe i should have said that. would have saved me from months of pain working at that store

Feedback Score
    Walk into gun shop to purchase a box of 20 rds of Speer Gold Dots 9mm. I notice that the price on the box is marked $29.99. I ask the young man behind the counter why so much and he say "they are hollow points. "

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP "Sarge" View Post
    Walk into gun shop to purchase a box of 20 rds of Speer Gold Dots 9mm. I notice that the price on the box is marked $29.99. I ask the young man behind the counter why so much and he say "they are hollow points. "
    Holy crap!
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP "Sarge" View Post
    The local shop uses a similar excuse of "it is foreign" to explain why Wolf costs more than brass cased ammo.
    Tu ne cede malis
    http://mises.org

"Cheer up Jim. Thank God we don’t get as much government as we pay for!"
    -Charles Kettering

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    The local shop uses a similar excuse of "it is foreign" to explain why Wolf costs more than brass cased ammo.
    makes sense.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This thread should have a time limit for viewing. Being exposed to too much stupidity can't be good for our collective health.

(Pardon me if I've already posted this. I've been reading too many stories.)
    I was in one of my favorite gun shops once and a ****-tard comes in looking for some .44Mag ammo for his Desert Eagle. He stated that he was going out shooting with his other FT friends and wanted some ammo that would go through a car door. The one of the owners said "You know cars aren't is season yet, right?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    Out of 661 posts, I'd like to officially nominate this one for No. 1 Dumbest Thing Overheard at the Gun Store.
    "sigh" you get a vote from me also. You have to remember that while there maybe no such thing as a stupid question, there are plenty of stupid answers. Good luck to you with your legal woes.

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    I like going to gun stores as long as I don't have to talk to people. If I do have to talk people I often leave the store dumber for having heard the fart gas coming out of their mouths. I also hear a lot of crap from public ranges.

In my last experience, I went to a local range in order to see about their memberships. So I talk with one of the head range guys as he takes me on the tour. I'm a LEO, so he tries to throw in his selling points of how various SWAT units train on his range and how he helps instruct them. Apparently, all this justifies the insane membership price of about 3x the competition. So, he asks me what I carry on duty and I tell him a Sig P229 .40 with 180gr HST. He then proceeds to go on a tangent about how I should be using 155gr for the superior stopping power. I don't feel like debating this guy, so I just nod my head so that he hopefully changes the subject. He then proceeds to pull out the magazine on his own P229, he shows it to me, and he asks me "you know what those are?". At this point I'm just annoyed and I respond ".357sig". He then says "that's right! Do you see those sharp teeth on it? That's Extreme Shock bullets! It frags inside ya and stops people like a lightning bolt. It's used by army special forces and Federal Air Marshals."

I already had a head ache, and I was 3 hours overdue for grabbing lunch, so I faked a phone call and left.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

That's great

Quote Originally Posted by sgalbra76 View Post
    I like going to gun stores as long as I don't have to talk to people. If I do have to talk people I often leave the store dumber for having heard the fart gas coming out of their mouths. I also hear a lot of crap from public ranges.

In my last experience, I went to a local range in order to see about their memberships. So I talk with one of the head range guys as he takes me on the tour. I'm a LEO, so he tries to throw in his selling points of how various SWAT units train on his range and how he helps instruct them. Apparently, all this justifies the insane membership price of about 3x the competition. So, he asks me what I carry on duty and I tell him a Sig P229 .40 with 180gr HST. He then proceeds to go on a tangent about how I should be using 155gr for the superior stopping power. I don't feel like debating this guy, so I just nod my head so that he hopefully changes the subject. He then proceeds to pull out the magazine on his own P229, he shows it to me, and he asks me "you know what those are?". At this point I'm just annoyed and I respond ".357sig". He then says "that's right! Do you see those sharp teeth on it? That's Extreme Shock bullets! It frags inside ya and stops people like a lightning bolt. It's used by army special forces and Federal Air Marshals."

I already had a head ache, and I was 3 hours overdue for grabbing lunch, so I faked a phone call and left.

Page 68 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast