Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Possibly A "NEW" S&W 45 M&P model ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Okie John,

Who did the cut-down work on your G17? I've been wanting something like that for a long time.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Race View Post
    Okie John,

Who did the cut-down work on your G17? I've been wanting something like that for a long time.

Thanks.
    That one isn't mine, but I have one exactly like it. I did the work with a hacksaw. It took about 10 minutes. Then I touched up the edges with a file and stippled it. It has rapidly become my favorite carry gun.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    That one isn't mine, but I have one exactly like it. I did the work with a hacksaw. It took about 10 minutes. Then I touched up the edges with a file and stippled it. It has rapidly become my favorite carry gun.

Okie John
    Nice. I imagine you filled the hollow in the back of the grip with epoxy of some sort?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Race View Post
    Nice. I imagine you filled the hollow in the back of the grip with epoxy of some sort?
    I haven't yet, and I'm not sure that I will. I may modify it so it will take a standard butt plug, but if I fill the back, then I'll also do a fairly extreme grip reduction. I have a G19 done that way, and I really like it.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    Does putting a FS slide to a compact frame increase the slide travel over a stock 45c????

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAIL-CAESAR View Post
    Does putting a FS slide to a compact frame increase the slide travel over a stock 45c????
    Curious about how that works as well.

I never cared for the 45c frame. I bought one when they first came out and my little finger would get pinched between the mag and frame. I filed it, but just never warmed up to the gun and sold it.

Personally, the mid size 45 does everything I need and would be my first choice for carry if I ever go back to a 45 that's not a 1911.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Hello Jon!

The only real reason I would put a FS slide on a compact frame is if it increased slide travel. Which would increase reliability.

I am lucky as the 45c works wonderfully for me.

Alan

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAIL-CAESAR View Post
    Hello Jon!

The only real reason I would put a FS slide on a compact frame is if it increased slide travel. Which would increase reliability.

I am lucky as the 45c works wonderfully for me.

Alan
    What's up buddy? Glad to see you here.

That makes sense about the travel. My guess is that the longer recoil spring assembly will allow more travel. The locking block appears to be in the same location with all the 45 M&P's. Unlike the 9mm M&P's, I think the only differenc between the standard and compact frame is the grip height and the never tail. Everything else is in the same place, which is why I'm thinking the slide dictates the travel. But, I've been wrong many times before!

Obviously this is just a guess and hopefully someone will be along shortly that can say with sme certainty.

Jon
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 02-10-13 at 19:12.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234