View Poll Results: recce/SPR bipod choice

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

15 9.74%
  • Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

92 59.74%
  • VLTOR BI-Pod

5 3.25%
  • BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

23 14.94%
  • Other

19 12.34%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipods - with poll

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Harris sitting in a LaRue that I thought was the cats .... until I got to handle a buddies BOBRO... IMHO opinion the BOBRO was much nicer and more stable when shooting in various positions.

The BOBRO seemed much more sturdy and the legs had less lateral movement. I will bring the Harris/LT at the end of the month and you can see what you think. I have it mounted on my M6A3 but you can pop it off and use it on the weapon of your choice and make your own judgment...

Feedback Score
    I only have experience with the Harris/Larue Bipod and I've been very pleased with it thus far so that's where my vote goes.

Feedback Score

HARRIS

Go with Harris all the way, if it's good enough for the Military, its good enough for me, and had never let me down. I bought a Versa Pod, and broke it on my first g hog hunt, sent it back, and it broke again while shooting at a deer. I also like Harris due to the fact that you can lean into the gun to help stabilize the shot. And for the $ midway has them for you cant go wrong. I have one on my custom 6mmBR and it's 10 years old, and never failed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Tangodown bipod and absolutely love it. The height is perfect for the use of 30 round magazines. The thing is bombproof in its build quality and materials and there are no exposed springs, tabs, levers, and knobs, like the Harris has to snag on things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    People are always going to vote for what they have, and with Harris being around for so long that's what people are more likely to have, hence the poll results.

The Larue mount for the Harris is freakin' $80 which is just insane to me. The ADM is nearly $70, which strikes me as equally nuts. and then ARMS at $100?

I have a Harris on an ARMS that I bought used from another shooter down here. Can't recall what I paid but it works for me.

I like the look of some of the other options on the market. $200-$240 for the Bobro/GG&G? I'd have to be really committed to needing a bipod at that price. I don't "get" the mechanism either and it seems (like most Bobro products) overly bulky to me. Maybe it offers some kind of bomb-proof construction?

Given all of the options, I'm still happy with my ARMS/Harris, despite the ARMS. I like that it's easy move around, works on almost any gun with little to no modification needed, etc. Based on my very limited exposure to it though, I think I'd like to give the Vltor a shot on a gun with a full rail system.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have all of the listed bipods and a couple of additional models. The rock creek barrels SOPMOD bipod is very good for the money. They had a group buy on the hide for $125 which was an excellent bargain. The Atlas bipod is also very nice for precision rifles.

http://www.rockcreekbarrels.com/new_page_2.htm

http://www.accu-shot.com/atlas_bipod.html

I have to say the BoBro is my favorite overall, its very smooth to operate and stable. They are so damn hard to get though, thats the downside. I had mine on back order for nearly 6 months direct from Bobro.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    People are always going to vote for what they have, and with Harris being around for so long that's what people are more likely to have, hence the poll results.
    It's pretty cynical to paint people with such a broad brush so as to state that they will "always" vote for what they have. What would be the point of asking anybody for their opinion on anything, then?

All you can do is ask people for some opinions on their positive experiences. I don't have a requirement that every poster here (or everyone who votes in a simple poll) be 100% clinically detached; some first-hand knowledge is good enough for me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast