Page 125 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm slowly chipping away, but my goal is to send out the survey to just about everyone. I'm trying to one-at-a-time it, starting with known-good brands, rather than blast it out.

The problem with many of the lower-level makers is that they aren't going to like this format. If you search through this thread you can find instances where various makers have been less than thrilled with their placing and have posted (or threatened to post and then vanished from the face of the earth) long "explanations" as to why they don't do something, their way is better, etc. I'm not going to get into that again.

Going forward manufacturers will be asked if they'd like to participate, and outed if they repeatedly say no. This is the reason I say it won't be published until after SHOT, and that is that I may get the chance at SHOT to talk to some of them directly. I say "may" because I'll have a whole truckload of other things to be getting done at SHOT and while this is important I don't get paid for the Chart and I do get paid for other things as well as have other commitments.

But yes, ideally everyone from Colt to Olympic will be given the opportunity to reply.

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering - will rifles/manufacturers like LaRue with their OBR 5.56 eventually be included, or will this stay solely an M4 pattern chart? The title of the thread says 'major AR brands' after all.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    M4 only.

If you knew how few rifles Larue actually sells you wouldn't use "major AR brands" as a way to try to get them included.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Rob-s what you have done with this is chart is so great and the info is outstanding! So from me sir you have my up most thanks! Take all the time you want. We will wait. No else in the gun community has done this kind of research anywhere! So from me I thank you! Well done sir!
    +1

I couldn't say it any better! But will add a few things. We are extremely fortunate that you have put so much effort in the M4 chart and various AR websites over the years, rob_s. It certainly has been a big help to me to find no-BS information distilled into an easy to read and understandable format. I hope you find ways to make the chart and your writing career a real money maker for you - you've earned it! Certainly more magazine articles … Maybe writing for gun manufacturers … a book? Heck even articles explaining the process of creating the chart which would be quite interesting. We all are tired of the fluff and BS in so many gun magazines, it's refreshing to read real topics, and so clearly written. Writing style is an embarrassment in so many magazines and books - i.e.: Patrick Sweeney's useful but typo-filled, rambling mishmashes with illustrations 20 pages from the text vs. the type of clear, concise, informative writing you get from Mas Ayoob and Rob Sloyer.

Everyone here should support rob_s and buy magazines that have articles by Rob Sloyer. And spread the word to others. No doubt most of us are considered AR gurus by friends and family and have influence over their purchases of magazines and books (and of course rifles.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looking at the Noveske website it looks like all of their bolts are MPI tested.
    former cat herder

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by g5m View Post
    Looking at the Noveske website it looks like all of their bolts are MPI tested.
    and amazingly, the Chart corresponds to this fact.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oops. I was looking at HPT and reading mpi. Sorry about that.
    Amazing chart to be sure.
    former cat herder

Feedback Score
    This is the most informative thread on AR manufacturers that I have ever come across! Will it be updated with a few of the other companies that are not listed? Keep up the good work!

Feedback Score
    Thank you for this Chart and discussion. I wish I would've seen it awhile ago.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all of your initial AND ongoing efforts here, Rob.... a tremendous resource for the community!
    Last edited by DHart; 10-21-10 at 03:12.

Page 125 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast