Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
    With KAC opening up to the civilian market a bit more, is there a reason you will not be including them. Just curious mostly. I think the chart you created is an invaluable tool in helping people to decide on who/what to best spend their money on.
    This question has been answered so many times on this thread already.

The KAC SR15/16/whatever model is NOT an M-4 profile carbine. It's a different system in many respects.

Feedback Score
    Yes you guys are right. I completely missed that the chart is for the M4 Carbine based platform. My bad. But at the same time, this chart is mainly focused on not the gas system, but rather the quality of the manufactures. Other than the FSB (arguable), what on the chart is specific to the M4?
    Last edited by Evil Bert; 01-17-11 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    KAC does not make an M4 pattern carbine.

Please reD the entire thread before posting in it.
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-17-11 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    This question has been answered so many times on this thread already.

The KAC SR15/16/whatever model is NOT an M-4 profile carbine. It's a different system in many respects.
    Not only that - the chart does not need every single manufacturer in it. The explanations of features should educate you enough that you can look at the given specs for any AR patterned rifle, ask the manufacturer some pointed questions if certain info is lacking, and determine for yourself within a few scan minutes where it sits with the TDP/Chart.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
    Yes you guys are right. I completely missed that the chart is for the M4 Carbine based platform. My bad. But at the same time, this chart is mainly focused on not the gas system, but rather the quality of the manufactures. Other than the FSB (arguable), what on the chart is specific to the M4?
    Look up the meaning of "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I can only hope that Rob doesn't get put off so much by people like you that he discontinues his great deeds for the rest of us who are extremely grateful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

65 pages later

Wow this was a long read! First off thanks for the chart and all the hard work in keeping it updated. Second you and the other member's show an incredible amount of patients,(the same questions where asked every other page) yet continued to Answer them. that shows the great character of the people on this sight. Keep up the good work on the list, congratulations one your articles. And good luck with future endeavors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    Look up the meaning of "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I can only hope that Rob doesn't get put off so much by people like you that he discontinues his great deeds for the rest of us who are extremely grateful.

Settle down cowboy. The point I was trying to make is, that you have to have a "golden standard" by which to compare to. So the question is, what is that standard when comparing manufacturers. It is understood within the industry that KAC is one of if not the highest quality manufacturer out there. So I just figured, why now use them as the golden standard. And they do make an "M4", just not a civilian legal one. But an M4 nonetheless, and one that should, in my opinion, be used as the standard for quality.

So we are talking about when we look at the chart? We are looking at a list of manufacturers that sell civilian versions or "patterned" M4's which are all based on what? A true M4. What true M4 should be used as the standard to compare all M4'geries to? If not a KAC, LMT, Colt, etc, then who?

That is all I am saying. Rob can do whatever he wants. It is his chart. I am only making a suggestion so people can have an actual reference point to what the chart is actually saying.

No need to get your panties all bunched up.
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Paterno is about as innocent as Eric Holder in F&F...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I may not agree with the way he delivered the message, I'm still trying to figure out whether or not you took the time to read through the thread. Your question has been asked and answered repeatedly.

At one time it was called a "Comparison Chart of Commercial M4-Pattern Carbines" which seems to have dropped out the word "commercial" at one point, but it's irrelevent as there is little point in comparing things that are not readily available. You might as well make a chart comparing the Remington and BM ACRs.

while we're here, why do you believe the KAC SR15 should be used as the baseline?
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-26-11 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    while we're here, why do you believe the KAC SR15 should be used as the baseline?
    No, but how about using the Shrubmaster ACR as the standard?

C4

Feedback Score
    I don't recall saying the SR15 should be but rather the SR16. As the high standard for the M4 template that all other "patterns" should be based on given the reputation and the cutting edge quality of KAC. If I did type SR15 it was a typo and should have read SR16.

At one time it was called a "Comparison Chart of Commercial M4-Pattern Carbines" which seems to have dropped out the word "commercial" at one point, but it's irrelevent as there is little point in comparing things that are not readily available.
    I would disagree with that statement. That would be like building a car that is patterned after a Maybach (not your everyday car) and not comparing those "patterns" to the actual car.

If you don't agree with using the KAC SR16 as the standard, then choose something else, but when comparing companies that pattern their products after something else, in order to know which is the best and the closest to the "real deal," you have to have that which is being patterned as part of that comparison.

If I wanted to build an M4 as close as legally possible, what would I have to base my build on? Simple, an actual M4 rifle. Right or wrong?

My point is that I personally feel that there should be a gold standard as to which patterned M4 is closest to the real thing.

Yes I did read the whole thread. Well before I even posed the question, however, I did not accept your reasoning. Like I said it is your chart. It is a great tool and arguably has forced some manufacturers to increase their quality. Well done on that. But, if you don't want to include the gold standard to which all patterns should be compared to, then just say "because I don't want to." Again I am not saying it has to be KAC. It could be Colt, FN, etc. Hell if you felt Oly would be the best chose as the standard, then go for it. Although I think most would agree with me that it would be a poor choice and skew the comparison.

It is your chart, do with it as you please. It will still be useful. I am only providing a suggestion on a way to improve it.
    Last edited by Evil Bert; 01-26-11 at 15:03.
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Paterno is about as innocent as Eric Holder in F&F...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.

Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast