Thread: Watches

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Watches

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Well, to be honest, I only lived the 6309 at the PX era, followed by the 7002 sucks in comparison, etc.
    The Vietnam to mid 80s era I had to learn, figure out, or was informed by old timers.
    I first saw someone with a new GShock in the late 87 or so.
    Dual display Seiko "Arnie" divers were available to sign for if Scout Swimmer or Combat Diver, but most had broken shrouds, not enough for everyone, etc.
    By late 90s I fist saw hockey pucks. Your huge digital wonders with every function.

To be honest, a Rolex dive watch, or even the Seiko tends to be, in the SOF community has kind of gone the way of the .45 1911, Randall knife, driving a manual. etc.
    I remember being on a team of 5 where two of us could drive a manual like a champ and the other three could not.
    Well, however you learned it, you're a veritable reference library compared to me. I'd seen Sam's model on one of the other forums, albeit one mainly with euro members, so I figured with your SOF background and travels you'd have some insight.

As far as the manual, of my last 7 cars, 2 were auto. I still like to "row my own" in the sports/musclecars. However, I think I'll get one of the big HP camaro's or Chally's with the new auto next time.

"I just got like, this 5.56 okay? And it's 55 grain ball. And everybody I've ever seen shot with it, it dicks them up."

---Clint Smith
    Thunder Ranch
    Last edited by JC5188; 09-19-17 at 14:42.