Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Hmm, Crappy customer service and dirt has them for $1272? I will change my pricing to beat them! Price is now $1270!

C4
    Dude, you're awesome!

Army44, take advantage of Grant's awesomeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army44 View Post
    Customer service wasn't bad. I had asked if there was a military discount and he said on some things and gave me the code, so service wasn't bad. Thanks for the price update.
    You haven't used their CS yet.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    Dude, you're awesome!

Army44, take advantage of Grant's awesomeness...

I will. I think I'm going to go through G&R Tactical to get the SP6940, though I will still have to wait for one or two paychecks.

Feedback Score
    One thing I have wondered about is Colts caliber specification. Their rifles are listed as .223 (5.56x45 NATO). I know that some rifle are specifically .223 or specifically 5.56x45 NATO, and that you can shoot a .223 in a 5.56 (though the accuracy will not be as good) but not a 5.56 in a .223. I have heard that some company's are making weapons that shoot the 5.56 and the .223 equally well. Is this the case with Colt? It is kind of irritating when they are listed like that ( .223 (5.56x45 NATO). I never know which one they mean when they list it like that.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Yes I know that you can train yourself to ignore the front sight post but I prefer to have an uncluttered view of the target. Thanks for the idea though.
    Have you ever tried it? Holding it in the gun store doesn't really count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Colts are 5.56.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    One thing I have wondered about is Colts caliber specification. Their rifles are listed as .223 (5.56x45 NATO). I know that some rifle are specifically .223 or specifically 5.56x45 NATO, and that you can shoot a .223 in a 5.56 (though the accuracy will not be as good) but not a 5.56 in a .223. I have heard that some company's are making weapons that shoot the 5.56 and the .223 equally well. Is this the case with Colt? It is kind of irritating when they are listed like that ( .223 (5.56x45 NATO). I never know which one they mean when they list it like that.
    You want a 5.56 chamber unless you are doing long range precision stuff, in which case you really would need an entirely different configuration anyway. There a couple exceptions to this, but by and large the straight up 5.56 NATO chamber is the way to go.
    It ensures reliable function, and the precision degredation of shooting ".223" ammo is transparent.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Have you ever tried it? Holding it in the gun store doesn't really count.
    +1 to this.

I thought the view would be cluttered, too, but I never notice the front sight post unless I'm deliberately looking for it *away from the target*.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    +1 to this.
    I thought the view would be cluttered, too, but I never notice the front sight post unless I'm deliberately looking for it *away from the target*.
    I had a standard FSP and fixed rear sight that I added a lower 1/3 cowitness Aimpoint to and found it too cluttered for me. Changed out the fixed rear to a folding and it's perfect now. On another scoped AR with 1" rings and standard FSP I'm amazed that I can't see the FSP at all through the scope. The OP should be fine with either of these combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score

$975 out the door...for those in NC...mil spec gun

I will. I think I'm going to go through G&R Tactical to get the SP6940, though I will still have to wait for one or two paychecks.
    Stag 3 with plus packageFor those wanting a rifle with extra testing and also with features for the constant firing of 5.56 ammunition Stag Arms offers the Plus Package. This package includes individual Magnetic Particle (MP) and High Pressure (HP) testing of the bolt and barrel, upgraded barrel steel, and other features listed below. Available only as a complete package.

Stag Arms standard carbines (Model 1, 2, 2T, 3, 8 and their left-handed equivalents) feature:

- Carpenter 158 shot peened Bolt with black extractor spring
    - Shrouded full circle AR15 bolt carrier with side staked carrier key
    - 5.56 NATO chambered barrel with chrome lining, 1/9 twist, double lead lapped, and parkerized under the front sight base
    - M4 feed ramps
    - F marked front sight base with taper pins
    - Double heatshield handguards
    - Mil-Spec size 7000 series aluminum receiver extension with staked receiver nut (also known as castle nut)
    - One 30rd USGI Magazine*

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:
    - 4150 barrel steel chrome lined
    - 1/7 Twist rifling
    - Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
    - M-16 Bolt Carrier
    - Heavy (H) buffer assembly
    - One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast