Thread: Lower Receiver Dimensions?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Lower Receiver Dimensions?

I am trying to find what the spec is for the measurement between the front and rear takedown pins on an AR lower is.

Also, I am trying to find what is considered to be "within spec" for the width of the ears on the upper receiver that mate with the pins in the lower receiver....

(No, I haven't been drinking, I just don't know what the technical term is for the parts in question....)

I did a search for this information, but I couldn't find anything in the way of exact dimensions.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    I am trying to find what the spec is for the measurement between the front and rear takedown pins on an AR lower is.

Also, I am trying to find what is considered to be "within spec" for the width of the ears on the upper receiver that mate with the pins in the lower receiver....

(No, I haven't been drinking, I just don't know what the technical term is for the parts in question....)

I did a search for this information, but I couldn't find anything in the way of exact dimensions.
    The "ears" in question are called lugs.

http://www.cncguns.com/projects/ar15...utorial-1.html

Edit: Kwelz beat me to it!
    Last edited by polymorpheous; 11-24-11 at 21:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thanks for the links.

Looks like the correct dimension is .491 on the lower, now if I can just find the measurement for the lugs on the upper receiver...
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 11-24-11 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    center to center on the 0.251" +/- 0.001" holes is 6.375" +/- 0.002"

My Colt/ FN print for the lower shows 0.500" + 0.004" where that BiggerHammer print shows 0.500" - 0.004" at the pivot pin lug recess, looks like an error on the BH print as the half width dim next to that one shows 0.252" allowable. It also shows 0.500" + 0.005" at the takedown pin lug recess.

the 0.491" isn't related to the takedown pin lug, that's the boss for the auto sear.
    Last edited by Tweak; 11-25-11 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    center to center on the 0.251" +/- 0.001" holes is 6.375" +/- 0.002"

My Colt/ FN print for the lower shows 0.500" + 0.004" where that BiggerHammer print shows 0.500" - 0.004" at the pivot pin lug recess, looks like an error on the BH print as the half width dim next to that one shows 0.252" allowable. It also shows 0.500" + 0.005" at the takedown pin lug recess.

the 0.491" isn't related to the takedown pin lug, that's the boss for the auto sear.
    Thanks...

I guess that my ability to read blueprints is lacking....

Feedback Score
    don't feel like the Lone Ranger, that BH print hurts my head to look at. I just pull out paper.